Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163221 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Nalini Signh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 07:48:32 am »
I know!!!!

I think he will regain his changling abilities in this book and his mate will help him find it - I think. Also why did her son lock onto him that was interesting.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 11:00:03 am »
Well I entered too...I got tired of doing work at work so I figured I would have a little fun :).

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 11:02:42 am »
I forgot to mention that Mercy's book will be called Branded by Fire and that will be out early next year. Nalini also has put up an excerpt of the short story featuring Zach- which you can find here

http://www.nalinisingh.com/cat.html
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 05:25:20 pm »
that excerpt was great, I can't wait to read the whole thing. 
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2008, 08:38:38 pm »
I threw my hat into the ring. :) Fingers crossed everyone. I think it'd be pretty neat if someone here at Hurog won it. Good luck!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 07:25:01 pm »
I know!!!!

I think he will regain his changling abilities in this book and his mate will help him find it - I think. Also why did her son lock onto him that was interesting.

I think I know why Keenan got into the Web of Stars..... Didn't Dorian mix his blood with Keenan, when Dorian nicked himself with his knife? Then he touched Keenan's raw wrists. Thus the blood mixing. Keenan probably made a bound with Dorian without Dorian knowing what happened.
^.^ ~Neko~

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2008, 04:38:24 am »
Very good point.  I was also thinking that maybe it had to do with his bond with his mother and that his mother had already bonded with Dorian.  No it hasn't been stated but if you recall from the other books the Psy wouldn't notice the bond until it was pointed out to them.  Man I can't wait to get the book :).

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2008, 05:37:01 am »
Very good point.  I was also thinking that maybe it had to do with his bond with his mother and that his mother had already bonded with Dorian.  No it hasn't been stated but if you recall from the other books the Psy wouldn't notice the bond until it was pointed out to them.  Man I can't wait to get the book :).

I read on another board- that someone speculated that Dorian could be the Keenan's father, remember Dorian had sex with a Psy at college or something. And although he said it left him cold, he did describe the Psy as hot- perhaps that is why Keenan bonded with him.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2008, 05:40:22 am »
I forgot!  I hadn't even considered that...so many possibilities...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2008, 05:54:46 am »
I know- its only a few more short months to go. I am glad we get 2 books a year from Nalini, and plus there is another new series that she is starting on- that sounds interesting.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 07:42:28 am »
I completely forgot about that! And I'm slightly obessessed with Dorian. I want his book..........now. T.T

But, wouldn't Dorian notice the bond to Ashaya? Unless Ashaya is unconciously blocking the bond, like what Judd did to Brenna. Even Brenna couldn't sense it, but it was there, unknown to both wolf changeling and Psy.
^.^ ~Neko~

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2008, 08:16:00 am »
I think that may be the case- if Ashaya was the Psy he slept with! I think it can also be linked to his dormant shapeshifting, perhaps he cant sense it because that side of him is in dormanacy.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:26 am »
He can sense the leopard in his mind, he just can't shift. He's changeling, just a latent changeling. His leopard........is caged..... inside of his mind. It can't get free. Even though he's latent, I think he should be able to sense the bond. He can sense when Sascha uses her empathy on him, so I wouldn't doubt he could sense the bond to Ashaya, if there was one.
^.^ ~Neko~

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 08:23:43 am »
But what about her son he is half changeling? If the theory is right- and that will be such a twist! She must have found a way to make his shifting dormant, so perhaps she has the answer to release his dormancy. I think the more I think about this theory- the more I think its right :D

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 08:26:12 am »

I read on another board- that someone speculated that Dorian could be the Keenan's father, remember Dorian had sex with a Psy at college or something. And although he said it left him cold, he did describe the Psy as hot- perhaps that is why Keenan bonded with him.

Dorian's not Keenan's father. Clay pretty much blew that up in our faces. Judd asked if it was possible he had changeling blood. Clay said if he had that much of it, it link to the Web of Stars, then Keenan would have a beast. Clay's leopard didn't sense a beast. Clay then said Keenan was Psy. If Dorian was Keenan's father, Keenan would have something of Dorian. And that something would be a leopard. He'd be part changeling like Clay is half-human, half-changeling.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:28:14 am by Woodstock Stir Crazy »
^.^ ~Neko~