Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163438 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »
It wasn't one of my favorites either. But it had some good points.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #496 on: April 01, 2012, 04:27:36 am »
I didn't actually mind Blaze of Memory. But people see different things. I'm curious now, what are is your favourite and least favourite book?

For me, my favourite is Mine to Possess and I don't think it's going to change. I love Clay and Tally's relationship, and I think it's because they already knew each other rather than just meet. Out of the whole series it's the book that sticks most in my head.

My least favourite is actually Hostage to Pleasure, I enjoyed the book, but because it is Dorian and I love his character, I had certain expectations.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2012, 04:37:16 am »
Caressed by Ice is still my favorite.  Loved Judd and Brenna.  Other faves:
Slave to Sensation
Branded by Fire
Play of Passion

I've realized that I don't particularly care for the books that feature a Psy heroine.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:46 am »
I don't care as much for the books that focus on the wolves instead of the cats myself. Caressed by Ice is a bit of an exception because I really like Judd.

bookworm

• Tinker
    • Savory and Safe (food blog)
« Reply #499 on: April 05, 2012, 08:14:19 pm »
I really liked Caressed by Ice. It has a lot of people slamming on it on Amazon, but I really like Judd and Brenna. I'm also really fond of Blaze of Memory, actually, but mostly for the small elements where our other characters come in. I guess a better way to say it is that I like finding out about our "other 'psy'" and how that advances the overall plot arcs.

Of course, it is a little hard to pick favorites, since there are elements I like in all of them.
My food blog, jointly run by me and my best friend: www.savoryandsafe.com

Siren

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #500 on: April 08, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »
I love love love the Psy/Changeling books!! Not a bad one in the bunch IMHO.  :) 

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #501 on: April 17, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »
News from Nalini from the RT conference

About Nalini Singh:

*After Archangel’s Storm the author believes that she will be going back to add another chapter in Elena and Raphael’s romance.

*The Ghost from her Psy/Changeling series is a he! The author expounded saying, “I have plans for the Ghost and I’ve always had plans for the Ghost. It is someone you’ve met.” (A show of hands revealed that the audience thought that it was maybe Kaleb Krychek.) The author went on to say that she’s known the Ghost’s identity from the beginning of the series and has always been very careful while writing to make sure that he was never in two places at once.

*She spoke about potentially writing stories for all of Raphael’s Seven Commanders from her Guild Hunter universe. The verdict? “I don’t want to write a book just to write a book about that character,” instead the story has to fit the world and where the overarching story is going — something made considerably more difficult by the fact that the first Archangel book was supposed to be a stand-alone. “I am leaving it open,” said the author of giving her side characters books of their own, “I won’t say I’m not going to … but I may not …”

*The last book that Singh read as a novel from Caroline Linden, fulfilling her desire to read about Dukes and lemonade at Almack’s.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2012, 02:15:21 pm »
That makes me happy. Elena and Raphael are my favorites in that series (at least at this point).

I always thought that Ghost was a he. However, I thought it was someone we hadn't met yet. Hmm, excuse to do a reread, I think so!

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »
I've always thought it was Kaleb since he is borderline psychopath and so it The Ghost. The last book that I've read so far is Hawke and Sienna's story and it just cemented that idea in my idea.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #504 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:31 am »
I agree Art, I have thought it was Kaleb too.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:36 am »
Me too! Especially after Bonds of Justice when he helped Max save Sophie. But I also thought it was Kaleb who saved Annie in Stroke of Enticement when they were children.

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #506 on: April 20, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »
:D that was my impression too.

-Leo Tolstoy

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2012, 03:57:27 am »
Tangle of Need snippets here and here.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2012, 09:42:22 am »
thanks!

GW  WK  WH

Varg

• Pack Member
« Reply #509 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:09 am »

-Leo Tolstoy