Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163269 times)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
Re: Nalini Signh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2008, 11:46:24 am »
I just finished Caressed by Ice and I kept thinking Kaleb might be the ghost, but then all that came out about his possible involvement in the serial killings.  I don’t think the ghost would be a serial killer.  The fourth book will give me more insight though.  I am pretty anxious to read Hawke's story, he has captivated me from the first book on. 

I think the Ghost is Faith Nightstar's father.  I can't remember his name at the moment and since I am at work diligently working away... I can't run to my copy and look it up.  Remember when he was asked why he stayed and I think his response was something along the lines that there have to be some one the inside who can check those in power.  And about his new position in at the end of the last book....made me think...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2008, 11:54:19 am »
Im in Kaleb is the Ghost club as well- I also found it interesting that he had this relationship with the dark side of the net mind as well and that he knew of the light side. I think he has an ability that is able to straddle both sides but wont fully go psychotic but he understands the dark entity and appreciates it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2008, 12:19:20 pm »
I'm another one who thinks Kaleb might be the Ghost.  Not really sure why I think that.  Just a hunch, I guess.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2008, 02:30:21 pm »
I just finished Caressed by Ice and I kept thinking Kaleb might be the ghost, but then all that came out about his possible involvement in the serial killings.  I don’t think the ghost would be a serial killer.  The fourth book will give me more insight though.  I am pretty anxious to read Hawke's story, he has captivated me from the first book on. 

I think the Ghost is Faith Nightstar's father.  I can't remember his name at the moment and since I am at work diligently working away... I can't run to my copy and look it up.  Remember when he was asked why he stayed and I think his response was something along the lines that there have to be some one the inside who can check those in power.  And about his new position in at the end of the last book....made me think...

Faith's father's name is Anthony.
^.^ ~Neko~

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 07:11:03 am »
Thanks Woodstock.

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2008, 03:36:06 am »
Seeing Nalini Singh being compared to Keri Arthur (see Keri Arthur thread) I wonder, is she just as worse with the gratious sexscenes?

I actually thought about getting those books, but if the above should be the case I rather invest my money in something other (most probably Rachel Vincent's Stray), because I already have enough dust collectors. :D
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2008, 03:57:37 am »
hmmm... I don't know the books of keri arthur, but I don't think the sex scenes are bad in nalini singh's books. There are sex scenes in it but it's nothing extreme... not too many sex scenes and not that kind of....... 'what shall we do, oh, let's have sex' thing like in some other books I've read..... There is enough story built around the characters and the romance to make the books very interesting... IMO, that is ;)

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2008, 04:07:37 am »
I would agree with Cheese- the sex scenes dont overshadow the plot and in fact I think they add to the romance with each couple. I would definitely recommend Nalini Singh she is one of the best paranormal romance writers around at the moment and balances the romance with a complex world setting.
I couldnt get into Keri Arthur because that had shades of Anita Blake although I would say its better written and the characters are better drawn out but it wasnt my cup of tea I suppose.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2008, 04:10:42 am »
I just checked the keri arthur thread... huh, it seems she really puts a focus on sex scenes... I don't like that in books.... let's be sensible, people, the world does not solely evolve around sex. And even if it would, I'd rather have it myself than constantly read about it ;) ;) ;)

back to topic:
Gerd, I saw you're reading lori handeland's books too? I guess you can compare the sex/romance amount of lori'S books to nalini's

GW  WK  WH

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2008, 04:56:55 am »
back to topic:
Gerd, I saw you're reading lori handeland's books too? I guess you can compare the sex/romance amount of lori'S books to nalini's

Yes, let us get back on topic. :D Although, if someone wanted to start a thread in Odds and Ends, comparing different authors, that woudl be a welcome topic. :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:22 pm »
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I like the Riley Jensen Series (Keri Arthur)  but when I read her series - holy crap there was alotta porkin' going on.  Singh writes her sex scenes like a nun compared to Arthur  lol  Nalini is more focused on the actual relationship than the bump n' grind between two people.  I think you'll enjoy the Psy/Changeling Series.  Happy Reading!
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2008, 11:09:21 am »
Nalini has a competition for an ARC of Hostage to Pleasure  at her blog- all you need to do is email her and tell her that you will review her book and sites/blogs where you will post it- more info is here
http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2008, 12:15:41 pm »
I am thinking about this one too.  I am also sure you can guess where I would put the review... ;)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »
Great minds think alike :D

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »
Nalini has a competition for an ARC of Hostage to Pleasure  at her blog- all you need to do is email her and tell her that you will review her book and sites/blogs where you will post it- more info is here
http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/

:D  I totally sent her an email, I can't wait. I gots to know what's gonna happen with Dorian  :o

Candice
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly