Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163234 times)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #375 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53:27 pm »
Read it on Thursday night (morning), paid dearly for it on Friday. Loved it. Missed the cats, and Mercy and Riley, I figured they'd appear more. I can't wait for the next book! And Walker's story with Lara.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #376 on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:05 pm »
I visited 2 bookstores today hoping I would find Play of Passion early, but alas, I did not.   :(
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2010, 04:29:40 am »
god, I'm so looking forward to it. on the other hand, I can't afford too much reading now that I'm doing nano again. Choices, choices.

Screw it, as soon as I have it, I'll read :D

GW  WK  WH

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2010, 12:49:53 pm »
I will be making a pit-stop at Borders on my way home.  Have my 33% off coupon ready to go!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2010, 01:04:54 pm »
Its a fantastic book! :D Hope you get your copy!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lilliana

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2010, 01:06:26 pm »
I got mine! I just need to get home from work so I can devour it!  bOuNcY

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »
downloaded it. but I'm not allowed to read yet. must write more. *is determined*

GW  WK  WH

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:14 am »
About a 1/4 of the way through it. Really enjoying it.
Hurog Means Dragon.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:00 am »
am reading it!

GW  WK  WH

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:34 pm »
I devoured it last night. Overall I didn't love it. I thought that the conflict was overdone; it didn't resonate with me. The issue of dominance, while important, couldn't really hold up the romantic story for me. Plus I thought the ending where Mercy tells Indigo that Drew will be even more dominant (and thus probably more dominant than her) ended up spoiling the whole plot of "I can't be with a lesser dominant male." And if I saw a "predatory male" phrase ONE MORE TIME !!!! Waaaay overdone. I like Drew; Indigo was meh.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #385 on: November 03, 2010, 01:36:42 pm »
I loved it. Not my favorite (Riley and Mercy still take the cake on that one), but still good. I've always really like Indigo, and it was awesome to see her on a more personal level.  :D
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's creation!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #386 on: November 03, 2010, 04:17:45 pm »
I enjoyed it, not my favorite...I totally get what you're saying Cerulean.

The Mercy convo seemed a bit like a cop-out for the whole dominance situation.

The one that I'm waiting for? Hawke's book in June.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #387 on: November 03, 2010, 04:31:16 pm »
I really liked it!

Although I agree Branded by Fire was better but that book is hard to beat! But I really liked Indigo and Drew. I think for me this book really was about the insight in the wolf pack which I really loved  and the dominance issues was linked with that. I did think Indigo was too stubborn but then again she was used to seeing and viewing things in a different light especially concerning her dominance issues with Drew. I felt it was like she was in the role of the traditional Alpha male while Drew albeit is very dominant played the role of a dominant lover but he wasn't the traditional Alpha male although he had elements of that persona. In many ways I think he was alpha lite - in many ways he was like a beta hero and their romance was based on a gender switch. I think it was a good exploration because usually you have two alpha leads battling their heads together and that can be tiresome but I thought this book took a different slant on it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »
I'm enjoying it, but mostly I'm just glad to be amongst the changelings again.  The last two books -- Dev's and Max's stories -- were both DNFs for me, and I really have no desire to dig them out and try to finish them.  Maybe someday, but honestly, the psy and the humans just don't stir my interest the way the changelings do.

I think it's funny that SnowDancer is trying to treaty with the falcons...and the SD alpha is named Hawke.  Just seems like he should have been named something else, and it's the alpha of the FALCONS that should be named Hawke.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #389 on: November 03, 2010, 06:36:36 pm »
I'm enjoying it, but mostly I'm just glad to be amongst the changelings again.  The last two books -- Dev's and Max's stories -- were both DNFs for me, and I really have no desire to dig them out and try to finish them.  Maybe someday, but honestly, the psy and the humans just don't stir my interest the way the changelings do.

This.

Nifty, you live in my brain!  ;D

I enjoy the changelings sooo much more than the psy stories. Maybe the psy books have too much technobabble for me sometimes. I enjoy them when they're paired with the changelings but with the humans. Meh.
Hurog Means Dragon.