Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163240 times)

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal

GW  WK  WH

lilliana

Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
Archangel's Consort backcover blurb. There will be a full chapter in the back of Play of Passion. I'm excited for both books! :D

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2010, 09:28:34 am »
thanks. Made me impatient though.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:45 am »
Ah, I may have to start the Psy/Changeling series...
I want the book. The cover blurb sounds too interesting.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #349 on: September 15, 2010, 03:39:29 pm »
Archangel's Consort backcover blurb. There will be a full chapter in the back of Play of Passion. I'm excited for both books! :D

Whoa!  That sounds intense! 
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »
That sounds interesting!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2010, 11:31:18 pm »
for some reason that I can't quite explain the guild hunter series is not quite my cuppa tea. not sure why, really. I like the books, but I'm not as excited as with other series.

I'm very excited about play of passion, though!!! the excerpt on nalini's homepage is awesome!

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »
I am really loving the Guild series - I think its because I am a huge fan of dark heroes and I agree this book sounds intense cannot wait! :D

I am also looking forward to Play of Passion although the book I really really want is Hawke's!! And its out next year!!! :D WOOT
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lilliana

« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:32 am »
I am really loving the Guild series - I think its because I am a huge fan of dark heroes and I agree this book sounds intense cannot wait! :D

I am also looking forward to Play of Passion although the book I really really want is Hawke's!! And its out next year!!! :D WOOT

Ditto!  :D

I'm going to be very jealous while reading Hawke's book. I want him all for myself.  ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2010, 05:20:12 am »
for some reason that I can't quite explain the guild hunter series is not quite my cuppa tea. not sure why, really. I like the books, but I'm not as excited as with other series.  I'm very excited about play of passion, though!!! the excerpt on nalini's homepage is awesome! 

I didn't love the first book of the Guild Hunter series, but I think it's because I expected so much more -- due to all the GLOWING reviews online weeks, even months, before the book was released.  So I built up my expectations based on those "THIS BOOK ROCKS!!" reviews, and then found that the book was good, but nothing tremendous. 

I liked the second book better, possibly because I steadfastly refrained from reading reviews ahead of time.  (And I noticed that some of the reviewers who LOOOOOOVED the first book were kind of "meh" about the second one.  Which made me wonder if THEY had allowed themselves to get too much caught up in the hype over the first book, too.)  (Online blogs and review sites, I've noticed, are more than a bit cliquish, and I got the feeling that the general bloggy consensus was that Nalini was the cool new kid in school who could do no wrong, so all hail Nalini.  Which I don't mean to be disparaging of Nalini.  I like her books a lot, and I like her online persona with her fans, etc.   But that was the impression I got around the time that the first Guild book came out.)

With the first book, I was annoyed that there was so much that was hinted at, but not really explained.  Especially the drip-drip-drip parts and hints about Elena and Raphael’s pasts.  (And I didn't find Raphael to be nearly as OMG HOT!!! as the reviews all made him out to be.)  That became annoying to me that there was not more information given, and then the book just ended.  With the second book, I thought that the ending with Lijuan was a little anticlimactic.

So neither book has been a “perfect” book for me, but on the whole, I’m enjoying them a lot.

Now…as for the Psy/Changeling series…  I didn’t finish the last book, about Max.  And I really disliked Dev’s story…and the characters in it.  I think I only like the Changelings.   :-[ Not too interested in the humans, and only interested in the psy when they’re paired up with a changeling, but even then it’s hit or miss for me.  I’m looking forward to Indigo’s book because the H/H are BOTH changelings.  And of course I’m looking forward to Hawke’s story also.

I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2010, 06:12:03 am »
I really liked the second book, the first one was great although like all first books alot of it was spent on the worldbuilding and the mystery. But the second one I loved the focus on the relationship and the setting where the angels lived. For me that was the main strength of the series because it was so different from the usual UF fare right now.

I am also more of a fan of the Changelings too, although I loved Judd's book - it was one of my favourite in the series although he is mated to a changeling! :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2010, 06:29:12 am »
I am also more of a fan of the Changelings too, although I loved Judd's book - it was one of my favourite in the series although he is mated to a changeling! :D

I agree about Judd's book.  It's my favorite!  I guess I should have specified that I don't really care for the psy heroines.  Sascha is the only one I really like.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2010, 07:28:57 am »
I agree about Judd's book.  It's my favorite!  I guess I should have specified that I don't really care for the psy heroines.  Sascha is the only one I really like.

I adored Judd's story!!! It's actually the only book of Nalini that I have signed at home. My precious. Ying was a complete sweetie and made it possible for me to get it signed. love my mod-sis. Judd's and Mercy's stories are probably my favourites.
I agree, the last two installments were not that exciting. especially dev's story was not my cuppa tea. On the other hand I was so greedy for glimpses of the characters we know, I still read it all. But I'm  totally excited about Indigo's story. And HAWKE next year. OH, yeah!!!!! yummy!

GW  WK  WH

lilliana

« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »
Nalini Singh has just announced...

Kiss of Snow
I have some fairly major news to share - Kiss of Snow will be releasing in hardcover first.

I know not everyone's going to be excited by this, but I have more news that should make you all smile.

The release date has been moved up to June 2011, plus the book has ended up quite a bit longer in length (more Hawke!).

Also, the paperback will be releasing only 6 months after the hardcover, in December.

The e-book edition will release the same time as the hardcover

I'm definitely happy to have a long book with Hawk :-LOVE and that its being pushed up to June. :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:36 pm »
Oh yay its been brought forward! Cannot wait!
I wonder if the UK edition is going to be released the same time and if its in paperback?