Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 168663 times)

lilliana

Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2010, 09:49:41 am »
Oh nice! It would awesome to have a book for each of the seven.   :D

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2010, 09:51:08 am »
That would really be something.   *floats off imagining*

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2010, 09:57:23 am »
Has, I'm glad to hear it. **walks off, mumbling about bookpushers**
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:14 am »
Yeah, great news! :D
And I still haven't started with the Psy/Changeling series yet. Mehehe.  ;D

lilliana

« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:52 am »
Pfefferminztee - I'm reading them now (on the 5th book) and I'm addicted. They are very good.  :D

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36:43 pm »
Nalini posted the cover for Indigo's book which is due out this November. Love it!
http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2010/04/cover-love-play-of-passion.html
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's creation!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2010, 02:49:15 pm »
Awesome! Thanks MinnChica :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

lilliana

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2010, 04:02:40 am »
Oh that is a perty cover! I can't wait for this book.  bOuNcY

I absolutely LOVED Mercy and Riley. :-LOVE That is definitely my favorite in the series so far.  :D

nuitblanche

• Grease Monkey
Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:40 am »
I am still not loving the Guild Hunter series. I have had trouble finishing the book (Angel's Kiss), not just because other "big" releases have come out, but just something about it bothers me. The style is so "staccato" and I have found I would like (or wish to have) some more involvement with side characters that I seem to like better than Elena at the moment. Illium has kept me interested in it right now, as well as the general subject matter.

I hope Dmitri is not lost to us. I thought that he was a good counterpoint to Elena as well an antagonist (to her) in a special way. I want to have Ransom in the stories more, so much! Both he an Illium are my favorites.

Sometime, I will pick it up again and try. It is too bad I do not really have any good vibes "set-up" with the main character. The unexplained "Je n'aime pas" feelings do not help, either.

lilliana

« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2010, 04:49:13 am »
I won't give anything away but Archangel's Kiss has more character development. I enjoyed it much more than Angel's Kiss. I recommend trying to get through Angel's Kiss just so you can see how brilliant the second book is.  :D

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2010, 05:13:44 am »
Nalini posted the cover for Indigo's book which is due out this November. Love it!
http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2010/04/cover-love-play-of-passion.html

It's smart.

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:07 am »
I am definately a bigger fan of the Psy/Changeling books than the Guild Hunter ones. I mean, I love the world building and character depth of Elena & Raphael, but Lucas, Sascha, Hawke, Mercy, and Riley will always hold a special place in my heart.   ;)   This new cover is probably my favorite of them all!!
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's creation!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2010, 11:50:40 am »
Kerri Arthur tweeted that Singh won 2 Australian Romance Writers awards: Fave Fantasy/futuristic/sci fi writer and Fave continuing romance series :)

Vic

• Tinker
Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2010, 08:11:47 am »
I am still not loving the Guild Hunter series. I have had trouble finishing the book (Angel's Kiss), not just because other "big" releases have come out, but just something about it bothers me. The style is so "staccato" and I have found I would like (or wish to have) some more involvement with side characters that I seem to like better than Elena at the moment. Illium has kept me interested in it right now, as well as the general subject matter.

Funny, I loved the Guild Hunter series ( :-LOVE book 2!) and pushed them on little sister.  Was so disappointed that she didn't get into them and sounds like she had a lot of the same issues.  Can't wait for book 3!  :D

lilliana

« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2010, 05:06:45 am »
Nalini Singh has posted the title for the 3rd Guild Hunter book....... Angel's Consort  bOuNcY

Here is what she has to say about book 3...

Nalini: "Talking of Archangel's Consort, I turned it in on Friday. It continues Elena and Raphael's story, and you find out a lot more about them both in the book. Elena's friends from the Guild return, and a number of the Seven play strong roles - you get to discover more about a couple of them in particular. Further info to come later in the year!"

http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/