Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163238 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »
I like Illium.  I guess I like all the guys.  Illium feels more "known" to me, since he's had a lot of pages in both books.

I'm creating a spreadsheet to help me track the characters.  There are so many, and sometimes I lose track of who is who. 
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2010, 06:31:17 pm »
Good idea, Nifty. It was a bit confusing but less so than a lot of other books I've read with lots of characters so kudos to Nalini!

I also loved how this was a transitional book and Elena wasn't all super-powered up and the best angel EVA! I like this one more than Angel's Blood.
Hurog Means Dragon.

lilliana

« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2010, 06:18:49 am »
:-LOVE Illium. I hope he finds love again.

I have already created my fact sheet with the Cadre of Seven and Ten Archangels. :D Keeping up with the Archangels was a bit confusing for me. So, I will be prepared for the next book.  ;)

Elle - You are so right. It was refreshing to see Elena learn to be an Angel and not becoming a super hero right away. That transition helped strengthen the trust between Raphael and Elena. Elena had to choose to rely on Raphael for help when she needed it. And Raphael had to learn to trust that Elena was not completely helpless.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »
Sigh. Finally finished it.  :-LOVE I agree with almost everything that everyone said, and have one more thing to add:

I found it really intriguing that Illium's requested choice of gift for Elena -- a blade and sheath -- which caused Raphael to be sooooo angry with him... was kind of suggested by Elena herself, during that bet with him. It was a small detail, but I thought it pointed out how much she has to learn about angel politics, and Raphael in general, that she didn't foresee the symbolism of a blade and sheath being sexual and therefore upsetting to Raphael. I'm very much looking forward to the next, and to finding out more about some of the other angels -- like everyone, I want to know more about Illium (I assume he's the next candidate to become arch-angel?), but I was also very intrigued by Aobhon's untold story. To be honest, I was also kind of glad that Dmitri got shipped off fairly early in the story. His constant antagonism of Elena is a little one-note to me.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »
I think that cover just might be my favorite so far!
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's creation!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2010, 02:03:51 pm »
That is a really neat cover.   bOuNcY

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2010, 10:30:05 am »
love that cover... the tatoo is just awesome.... :D
one more book to be bought.... oh well....  :-whistle

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:30 am »
I can't wait until November. I'm dying to know who she is going to put with Indigo!!  :)

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2010, 01:28:58 pm »
I'm itching for Hawke's story but Ria's story in the anthology with Angela Knight will be as welcome....  >Dthose broken ear drums have to be interesting reading material

But Indigo is also too interesting.... >D bOuNcY

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2010, 01:41:04 pm »
ooh White_unicorn I forgot about those...  >D

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:52 pm »
I can't wait for Indigo's story. I'm soo excited to see who her hero is going to be. I love story female s!*ters like Mercy and Indigo!  :D

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »
Do you think it's Drew for Indigo? I can't think of any other unmated wolves.

MinnChica

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2010, 03:32:15 pm »
I think it probably will be. Nalini already confirmed that it was a shifter, and I thought she said somewhere that it was someone we already know "well". So my guess is it's probably Drew. There aren't any other single shifters that we know really well.