Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163244 times)

lilliana

Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2010, 10:03:37 am »
Naasir is the one you´re missing

Is the the one that Elena described having the Tiger Eyes - seen taking blood from an Angel?

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
  • Sleep is overrated anyway. Where's my coffee ?
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2010, 10:04:44 am »
Yes, he is...

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:00 am »
Excellent!! Thanks lacrima! Now it won't bug me for the rest of the day.  :-whistle

Hurog Means Dragon.

lilliana

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:52 am »
Thanks Lacrima!  :D

I have to be honest, I had a hard time keeping up with who was who in the Cadre of Ten. I had to keep going back and reading to make sure I was following correctly. It got a bit confusing when they were trying to name suspects. Then I realized that some of them they were naming were just Angels not Archangels.

Edit: Add spoiler blackout
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:53:53 am by lilliana »

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2010, 10:51:47 am »
Should I print out that list under the spoilers before I start reading the book this weekend? ;D

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

lilliana

« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2010, 10:59:24 am »
Should I print out that list under the spoilers before I start reading the book this weekend? ;D

Did you look already?

SweetSensation

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2010, 11:50:41 am »
I really liked this one. The world building was awesome, as usual for Singh.
I hope we see more of little Sam. I just loved the scene where Elena went to angel school with all the little ones. Also are Galen and the teacher of the young angels( totally forgot her name, I know it starts with a J) a couple?
Mom always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, \\\'within reason.\\\' When I asked her what she meant by \\\'within reason,\\\' she said, \\\'You ask a lot of questions for a garbage man.\\\' <br />` Jack Handey `

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:23 am »
No. Since I haven't read the book, I haven't been looking at any spoilers. But if that one will be helpful, I will. ;) I'm reading it on Kindle. The one main drawback to that is that it's hard to flip back and forth to go back and look for previously stated info.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:13 am »
LOL
I think we may need to start a fact sheet - though
I do know that Nalini is working on book 3 right now. It will focus on Elena and Raphael but she has stated that she will also concentrate on other characters too including Elena's friends
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lilliana

« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2010, 12:04:01 pm »
 :D I agree, a fact sheet would be useful. There are lots of different characters to keep up with. Plus, I'm really bad with names.

@Kate - I dont think its necessary to read the spoiler just yet. I would wait...  ;)

Ooh, I want more of Ransom in book 3

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »
okay. I haven't read the previous posts but I will... maybe tommorow... >D

I got stuck with Nalini Singh after reading her short story in Must Love Hellhounds and went off and read Angel's Blood... Raphael.... I don't know... he.... has that kind of hard love going on and... well... I have to wait to read Archangel's Kiss (the 1st chapter was too much a temptation)

But I wanted to write about the Psy/Changelings series that I found and read without stop last week till last night (going with 2 hours sleep in the morning is not easy!)
And I am soooo caught up with Hawke I was doing the Happy dance today when I read his book will be out on 2011... can't wait for it because... God can't be that cruel and the author most probably wi;; torture him before his happy ending....

I love Sascha and Lucas, Mine to Posses and Blaze of Memory had me crying hard... and I would suggest them to anyone interested in Changelings and a future-based urban fantasy....

As someone wrote for one of those books... "I would love to live in that world" and I have to put in.... If only I wasn't a Psy and I was close to those Leopards.... I am finding my self more... aligned to the cats than the wolves but Hawke.... I'd love to meet him any day....

bOuNcY and now I need to wait for my wallet to get some euros for Archangel's Kiss and the next Psy/Changeling's book. O)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2010, 08:01:21 pm »
Ooh those spoilers make me really want to get and read the book.  Hopefully this weekend!

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2010, 09:12:05 am »
I'm about 85 pages into ARCHANGEL'S KISS and am liking it MUCH more than ANGEL'S BLOOD.  It wasn't that Angel's Blood was a bad book for me.  It was a good book.  But I let myself get too excited for it.  All the reviews were SO uber-glowing that I expected to be utterly and completely blown away.  And I wasn't.  So the book was a bit of a disappointment.  (Oh, okay...it was a crushing disappointment.) 

With this one, I steadfastly refused to read any "pre-reviews" -- that came out before the sale date -- and maybe that has bolstered my enjoyment of it.  Plus, I'm really enjoying the more in-depth look into Raphael and Elena's pasts and character.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2010, 03:48:25 pm »
Okay, just finished ARCHANGEL'S KISS and I liked it better than ANGEL'S BLOOD. Maybe staying away from the "pre-reviews" helped. Dunno. I liked seeing Elena have to re-learn her body and skills. Too often in PNR, authors give their characters more and more power until they transform into omnipotent caricatures. But here, Singh gave Elena new powers, but ALSO new limitations: she's no longer the strongest or fastest, and she has to learn how to maneuver around her wings. Loved the development of the relationship between Raphael and Elena. In the previous book, I was willing to buy their love, but it was a blind sort of acceptance. Here, we see them relating to each other as PARTNERS, with mutual respect and trust. Big thumbs up. Also a big thumbs up for the amped-up sizzle factor! Yay!

The weakness of the book for me was the very ending, the final chapters/scenes with Lijuan. Rather anticlimactic. It almost seemed like Singh ran out of "room" -- like page- or word-count limits had forced her to severely edit those final scenes.

Very much looking forward to the next book. I hope it continues to focus on E&R, as I think they have more story to tell. I like the Seven and want to learn more about them, but I'm not keen to see each of them given his own romance, a la the BDB.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:41 pm »
The next book or so will definitely focus on Elena and Raphael. But I think Nalini is going to write about the side characters like Ransom and Illium.
I totally agree with you about the focus of the romance - it def cemented their love story and it made it more real too. I think the thing with Lijuan is going to be an ongoing plotline for the next few books its like layers of an onion. I also think the relationship had to be focused on more which was needed but I think in book 3 will see a good balance of romance and plots!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D