Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 163272 times)

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2009, 11:17:21 pm »
I love the Psy/Changling books and I am halfway through Angel's Blood. Is it just me or do the angels reminded anyone else of the Goa'ulds in the Stargate series?

:o huh?

GW  WK  WH

Jenn

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2009, 05:00:25 am »
LOL

It's the whole long life, looking down on humans to control and use. Their attitude is what reminds me of them. How they become less compassionate, more cold as they live longer. LOL. It was what I was thinking when I was reading the book. Good book!

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2009, 05:15:10 am »
LOL

It's the whole long life, looking down on humans to control and use. Their attitude is what reminds me of them. How they become less compassionate, more cold as they live longer. LOL. It was what I was thinking when I was reading the book. Good book!

ah. okay. well, that makes sense, somehow. I was thinking like: what? goa'uld? parasite thingy and winged angel? ALIKE?
but now I understand what you mean ;)

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2009, 06:03:18 am »
Dont forget the glowing eyes - campy taste in clothes and the possessed voice thingy :D

But I agree with you about the lack of empathy and coldness thing - but I suppose if you are a long lived being and powerful I suppose they would appear and become that way. Its like Doctor Manhanttan in the Watchmen graphic novel- he definitely morphed into that even though he is naked and BLUE ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2009, 06:15:51 am »
Dont forget the glowing eyes - campy taste in clothes and the possessed voice thingy :D

But I agree with you about the lack of empathy and coldness thing - but I suppose if you are a long lived being and powerful I suppose they would appear and become that way. Its like Doctor Manhanttan in the Watchmen graphic novel- he definitely morphed into that even though he is naked and BLUE ;D

THAT reminds me of the movie. nekkid blue man. ALL. THE. TIME. *shakes head* not my cup of tea.

But I think you're right on the lack of empathy thing. if you're so removed from the realm of humanity, why show compassion and care? the humans will just die anyway before you even really notice.

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2009, 06:25:43 am »
But the big blue guy had a huge ding although it was Blue - it was kinda hypnotic - okay back on topic ;D

Theres a Psy novella in Must Love Hellhounds I forgotten who the character is going to be featured but thought you guys like a heads up!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2009, 11:31:01 am »
But the big blue guy had a huge ding although it was Blue - it was kinda hypnotic - okay back on topic ;D

Theres a Psy novella in Must Love Hellhounds I forgotten who the character is going to be featured but thought you guys like a heads up!

I know about that short story. can't wait. i know it must seem as if I'm only obsessing about ilona andrews' story right now, but i'm able to multi-obsess ;)

and the blue guy was very strange. i kept thinking of a smurf on steroids. *shakes head*

GW  WK  WH

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2009, 03:54:03 pm »
I'm straying off topic here  :o , but, when I see big blue man, I think Barinthus from the Merry Gentry books by LKH. :D I haven't seen or read the Watchmen so my reference point is different. :D

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2009, 03:58:19 pm »
Charmed check out the lol thread in a few mins- ;)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2009, 03:59:09 pm »
Will do :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2009, 01:34:42 pm »
Okay, I see that some. I think the same can be said of any long-lived race we see in books. 'Been there, done that, don't care much anymore' attitude.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »
Hit two different bookstores today -- three, if you count Target -- looking for a copy of BRANDED BY FIRE.  Official release date is tomorrow.  I was hoping I'd get lucky.  I didn't.   :(  I'm sooooo looking forward to this book!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2009, 02:07:12 pm »
Great book, hope you found it :)
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2009, 08:09:46 pm »
I read it and really liked it.  Of the six books in the series, it's probably my third favorite.  At least right now.  Maybe if I re-read them the order would change.

Carressed by Ice is my favorite.  Then Slave to Sensation.  Then Branded by Fire.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2009, 09:45:50 pm »
I liked Branded by Fire - I really like both Mercy & Riley. It looks like she introduced a new animal grouping - I'm curious to see what happens there in subsequent books.

I'm really curious about the change of "heart"/tactics, anyway, about Nikita towards Sasha and what other interesting news the book will show. I'm guessing that the Psy X variant is something we haven't seen before. It looks like it'll present quite a challenge to what's-her-face and Hawke.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)