Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 168302 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Nalini Signh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2008, 07:36:00 am »
But what if Ashaya somehow locked that changeling half down- she is a Med Psy ;)  and I found it interesting with that almost erotic description that Dorian had of that psy  he slept with. I just think there is more to it than what means the eye- but I suppose we have to wait till september for the truth :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 07:38:08 am »
Just plain torture. That's all I have to say. September is still two months away. T.T
^.^ ~Neko~

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2008, 04:10:27 pm »
I am also wondering how Ashaya was able to contact Dorian to ensure he knew the right time to rescue her child...anyone have a time machine that goes forward in time that I can borrow...?

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2008, 07:56:16 pm »
Question - I thought that the kids dad was some Psy.  Like wasn't it discussed in the book -  I'm gonna have to re-read  unless that sparks a memory for someone.  And wouldn't Dorian recognize her if he slept with her?  Or did it ever say ... I'm confusing myself  :D   I wanna reread now, but I'm reading Into the Shadow-Christina Dodd and theen Dragon Wytch- Yasmine Galenorn
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:09:00 pm by CandyAss »
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Lyranda

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2008, 09:41:45 pm »
I don't think we've seen a scene of Dorian and Ashaya meeting face-to-face yet.  I'm pretty sure they only communicated telepathically in Mine to Possess.  And it says in the excerpt on her site that Keenan has a Psy father, but Ashaya could have somehow covered up the fact that she was pregnant with a half-changeling child I supposed, and pretended to be pregnant by the other Psy instead I suppose.

I don't know, I had never considered that Keenan could be Dorian's son until it was mentioned here (I'd forgotten about Dorian had ever slept with a Psy...time to reread!).  It would be a great twist I think, and would explain Keenan bonding to Dorian.  Now I'm even more looking forward to reading Hostage to Pleasure so I can find out for sure!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2008, 07:11:42 am »
There is a question and answer session at the Romance board at Barnes and Noble's website

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=RomanceGeneral&message.id=4989&jump=true#M4989
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2008, 04:06:30 am »
Only another week for Hostage to Pleasure.  Woot!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2008, 06:46:50 am »
Well any comments on the book?  Due to my inability to write well, quickly and job demands skyrocketing in the past month I didn't post my review :(  But I think I have breathing room and would love to discuss it.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2008, 04:06:35 pm »
I loved it, and look forward to Mercy's book..   ;D
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2008, 02:34:15 pm »
I read it and liked it, but thought it wasn't a strong addition to the series. I found myself disliking both Dorian and Ashaya at times. And I found their "romance" to be not very romantic. But I definitely enjoyed the plot twists and turns.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:39 am »
I liked how we got to see more about the different twists, turns and subgroups.  That even though we have a major plot, others have their own minor plots and are trying to skew the balance one way or another. 

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2008, 05:20:22 am »
Nalini has posted an unedited excerpt of Angel's Blood ( a new series that will feature angels ) at her site- looks pretty good!!!

http://www.nalinisingh.com/angelsblood.html

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2008, 06:15:31 am »
There was a great question and answer session which I totally missed at Nalini's blog :P
but here is the page- lots of great info about the Psy/changeling series and the new series about Angels and vamps-
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=14174728&postID=1176723649947083332

deva

• Grease Monkey
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2008, 10:00:02 am »
Wow.  I just read the excerpt for Mercy's book, can't wait - I hate waiting! 
I do hope she doesn't take too long for Hawke's book.  I still can't bring myself to read Acheron because I am afraid that after all the anticipation I will be let down. 
I also read Zach's story and I thought it was sweet and light hearted.  A nice change of pace.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2009, 05:12:24 am »
ARC giveaway for Angels Blood at Nalini's Blog- Have to send an email to her to enter and to promise to do a review on a blog or message boar/site :D

http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/