Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 111578 times)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #525 on: July 04, 2013, 08:03:40 am »
So the next book will be about Vasic.

I like him but I figured as the series progressed that maybe he was too broken to be fixed. I'm also a bit disappointed that we won't be going back into SD or DR. But there will be a DR novella out next year as well.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2013, 02:27:12 am »
I agree Pendle.
I also wanted to see more of "the sleeping one", sorry her name escapes me but the scientist they found in some sort of suspended animation.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »
Alice, I believe.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #528 on: August 08, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »
Yes, I wanted a story on Alice. Though her connection to the Arrows she could still end up with one of them. Aden maybe?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #529 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:21 am »
Just finished Archangel's Legion. Oh my goodness, did not see that coming. Though I guess it makes sense what with the title and all. Amazing, glad to see Elena and Raphael again.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #530 on: February 26, 2017, 08:02:24 pm »
I've been rereading, and I've been amazed at how many threads were introduced early in the series, to tie in later. Here's just a few of the small details I've noticed so far.

Sahara was first mentioned in Faith's book, along with her disappearance. Kaleb was introduced in that book as well. I'm currently on the 6th book, and it's been revealed that he had a wobble in his silence when he was 16 (later revealed that was when he was mind controlled into murdering a woman), he needed an alibi for when Councilor Marshall was assassinated, and he had a charm shaped like a star whose owner he was searching for. Vasic has been showing up since book two, and by book four his rebel leanings were revealed, though it took a few appearances before he got his name. Aden showed up in book five, though he wasn't given a name. And Samuel Rains, who I thought was a new character when he showed up in Shield of Winter, just tried to crawl off a cliff in book six.

I am in awe of Singh's ability to tie all these things together.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #531 on: February 27, 2017, 01:48:14 am »
It is amazing how she has had characters with major impact make guest appearances at various times.
Even if it's a matter of her deciding to make a minor character into someone who's done something important she has to have kept track of all of the slight details to pick someone appropriate to use.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #532 on: February 27, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
Yep. I imagine she was an extensive file of notes.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #533 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:04 am »
Yep. I imagine she was an extensive file of notes.

Undoubtedly. However, I keep flashing back to Wen Spencer's protagonist in Eight Million Gods and imagining truly massive tracks of sticky-notes of various colors. 9)
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia