Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 168701 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2009, 04:18:23 pm »
Finished Blaze of Memory.  Can't say that I really enjoyed it overall.  I found it to be a slow, rather ponderous read, and now that it's finished and behind me (by no more than a few hours), I am really struggling to remember much about the book.   What happened in it?  It was just kind of boring...seemed like nothing much happened and it also seemed like the book was really just one prolonged foreplay and (rather tepid) sex scene.

I'm still loving the series, and it was great to see some of the changelings, especially the kids -- Keenan and Noor.  (Who are not, I realize, Changelings, but they're part of the pack.)  Judd makes a brief appearance, and that was great too.  But overall, I just didn't feel a sense of connection with any of the "main" characters in this book, and this installment is my first disappointment where this series is concerned.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »
I felt kind of the same, Nifty. I found myself really happy when it would segue over to one of the characters from the previous books, like Judd or Lucas and Sasha. I think there's some overall plot continuation here, I just had a harder time getting into the characters.

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2009, 05:28:20 pm »
It's hard for me to put my finger on what bugged me about the book.  It just seemed to lack the vitality and energy and action and tension that I'm accustomed to with this series.  It was so...bland.  Boring.  Meh.   Not BAD.  I honestly don't think Singh could write a BAD book.  But this one felt extraordinarily skippable.

Which is not to say that I'm not still hooked on this series. I most definitely am!  Can't wait for the next book!  But yeah...this one just didn't do anything for me.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2009, 05:29:27 pm »
I enjoyed this installment. To me it was fascinating to get a deeper glimpse into the Forgotten and how their Shadownet seems similar to the DarkRiver net.  I loved seeing Jude in action.  I also thought it was interesting seeing how Dev appeared to have the ability to almost become a Silenced Psy.  I also think I am a bit closer to discovering who the Ghost is :D.  Can't wait for the next one!   

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2009, 12:00:15 pm »
Good news for Hawke fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His book is slated for 2011 and I would be very very surprised if Sienna isnt his heroine although I am open to another mate :D
http://www.nalinisingh.com/
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:02 pm »
That's good news about Hawke!  Woot!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2009, 04:59:53 pm »
Yay more Hawke :D

lilliana

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2010, 10:35:11 am »
I just finished Archangel's Kiss. WOW! It's beautifully written - dark, dangerous, stunning, mesmerizing, erotic, and enthralling to the very end. I loved it!  :D

Piper

• Mechanic
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2010, 03:41:51 pm »
How did you all get already?? :o I am so jealous!! ;) I want that book now!!
"When children are difficult, they just need a nap.
When men are difficult, they're dubbed born leaders.
When I speak my mind, I'm considered a b**ch"
"B**ches rule!"

lilliana

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2010, 04:43:31 am »
I came upon it at B-A-M. Sometimes they put new releases out early. However, I do feel guilty buying books before the release date. (but I guess I dont feel guilty enough  :-whistle )

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:49 am »
I am going to put spoilers -

But I think this book was much better than Angel's Blood and it was more focussed on the romance and the mystery/intrigue was also twisty. I am also looking forward to Elena's experiences as an Angel especially when she gets back to New York. And I wonder what lijuan has under her sleave and I think there is more to her sister's murder and mother's suicide I think.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lilliana

« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2010, 05:31:18 am »
I really loved Archangle's Kiss and I agree with you Has...

I enjoyed this book more than Angel's Blood. I really liked how much emphasis she put on Elena and Raphael's relationship and how they were still trying to get to know and trust each other. Like you, I'm looking forward to Elena being in New York as an Angel Hunter. I love how Elena is making Raphael a little bit more human. They are so good for each other.  :-LOVE
It took me a minute to realize that her mother committed suicide. It wasnt mentioned in the first book and when she went to the funeral for just her sisters I was confused. I thought Slater killed her mother too. I was shocked and so sad for Elena when I found out she did committ suicide. I have a feeling there is someone else behind her family being murdered and Slater was a pawn.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:43:27 am by lilliana »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2010, 05:37:24 am »
Yep I agree and I think that father knows something about that- I suspect that her being a hunter has to be the key and that might be why he was so adamant on her not becoming one. Maybe her mother was the same?

And on another note- The Bookpushers site has an interview with Nalini and a giveaway of AK :D

lilliana

« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2010, 05:43:02 am »
Oh cool! I will check that out, thanks!  :D

Piper

• Mechanic
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2010, 05:52:29 am »
Must stay strong!! Keep away from the spoilers!! Eeek. I need to run and hide!! :-\
"When children are difficult, they just need a nap.
When men are difficult, they're dubbed born leaders.
When I speak my mind, I'm considered a b**ch"
"B**ches rule!"