Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 168486 times)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
Re: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »
I bought it on my drive.  Was going to read it once my stuff was delivered.  My youngest sister devoured the others in the series and took my un-opened copy back to California with her when she left :(  I haz to buy a new copy now cuz I wants to read it!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2009, 05:46:48 pm »
She has a great Q&A thread on her blog now.  It is full of spoilers for both the Psy/Changeling series and the Guild Hunter series.  If you are not into spoilers then please avoid.  I warned you... >D http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2009, 09:03:34 am »
The spoilers are only if you haven't read Branded by Fire or Angels' Blood. If you've read them, no spoilers. 
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

mjt_3

• Tool Wrangler
  • I am from Australia. Plenty koalas!
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2009, 04:30:49 am »
I have just finished BBF and I loved it, of course. The psy/changeling series in my humble opinion never disappoints!
Angels Blood is also a major winner for me and I can't wait to read more in this excellent series!!!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2009, 09:29:18 am »
It looks like the next Angels book will continue with the two leads from Angels' Blood in Archangel's Kiss. Nalini has the cover up on her site. Very cool
cover here
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2009, 11:48:57 am »
It is a lovely cover!

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2009, 04:31:28 pm »
I like that cover better than the one for Angel's Blood.

While I didn't LOVE Angel's Blood, I did enjoy it a lot and I'm really looking forward to the next in the series. 
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2009, 05:21:47 am »
Just a headsup guys- this was hightlighted in twitter but someone who shares the same name as Nalini's has a book out on Kindle.
Its not from Nalini.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R31FEWA6E7MD6O/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002JM0LOM&nodeID=133140011#wasThisHelpful

I think this is a pretty cheap shot of the author especially since there is no warning to state in the blurb that its NOT the Nalini of the Psy/Changeling series or to change her name abit :S
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2009, 09:19:05 pm »
I thought you can't use the same name?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2009, 01:59:08 am »
You can, there are a few authors with similar names but usually its in a different genre or there is additions i.e where there is an initial. This person knew what she was doing especially since Nalini Singh isnt exactly common and if she had any integrity would have said in her self written blurb to point that out.
She's definitely done this to cash in on the name recognition.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:07 am »
Have you guys read Must Love Hellhounds yet? Angel's Judgement is Nalini's short story in it and it rocks! It really shows some background on the Sara and her husband Deacon. It's about when they meet.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:31 pm »
Can't wait to read it!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2009, 09:38:00 am »
It's up next on my Kindle :)

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2009, 05:38:06 pm »
I have read 3 of 4 stories so far.  Two are tied for my favorites.  One of the two is Angel's Judgement :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:02 am »
Nalini has posted a deleted scene from Branded by Fire!

http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/