Author Topic: Nalini Singh - Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter Series  (Read 106557 times)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Nalini Signh - Psy/Changeling Series
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:49 am »
PBS didn't have it, so a friend sent them to me to borrow. Yay!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 08:59:43 am »
I finally read these and really liked them! They were not at all what I was expecting - which is good.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 08:15:09 pm »
Ya know, alot of people have said that.  Me included, I wasn't expecting to love the series like I do... but I do  ;D
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 10:40:46 am »
Yeah, I have to admit I was expecting total fluff a la Mary Janice Davidson, Jenna Black, or Cheyenne McCray or someone like that, but I thought the characters had some depth to them. And I liked the setup between the "races".

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 08:38:31 pm »
Glad you enjoyed them Cerulean. :)

Candy, I found Enchanted Season. I really enjoyed Nate and Tam's story, but I wish it'd been a full length one. I guess I just wanted it to be stretched out a little more. :(

Caressed by Ice was a good one as well.
Hurog Means Dragon.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 09:54:34 pm »
Candy, I found Enchanted Season. I really enjoyed Nate and Tam's story, but I wish it'd been a full length one. I guess I just wanted it to be stretched out a little more. :(

I hear ya!  it totally had the potential for full length ::sigh::    :)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 11:03:44 am »
Shoot. Shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot!!!! >_<
I have to stop reading this part of the forum: I keep finding books I want, my wallet is threatening to kill me and soon I'll have to sell one of my paired organs to afford buying me more books...heck, I need a support group for book junkies... ::)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26:32 pm »
...heck, I need a support group for book junkies... ::)

don't we all  ::) ;D

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 08:53:47 am »
Yep, I suppose so :D
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Jazzlet

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 11:04:25 am »
No, spending all my money on books is not a problem, I can handle it, we don't need to eat..........

Mary

• Grease Monkey
    • blog
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 11:34:37 am »
I loved this book, Judd is now my favorite character of the series.I'm waiting the book about Sienna (his niece) I think she will be paired with Hawke,because she made him always mad. What do you think?
to read is to change

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
Sienna will be paired with Hawke,because she made him always mad. What do you think?

I think so!  I also think that it is going to be explosive!!  I can't wait  ;D

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:09:57 pm »
Taken from Nalini's Site

FUTURE BOOKS

Clay’s book: “Mine to Possess” – February 2008
Dorian’s book: “Hostage to Pleasure” – late 2008 (likely Aug or Sep)
Novella – late 2008 (likely around Oct)
Books 6 and 7 – according to the current schedule, these should both release in 2009. 

SweetSensation

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 09:55:03 pm »
 Well I was lucky enough to win an ARC of Mine to Possess , the fourth book of the Psy/Changeling Series. When I received it , as usual with a Psy/Changeling book I read it in one sitting and found myself looking to see when the next book in the series would be released.

Mine to Possess tells the story of Changeling DarkRiver Sentinel , Clay Bennett and his human childhood friend Talin McKade. Talin and Clay were the closest of friends as children until tragedy tore them apart.  As an adult Talin comes to Clay with a problem she feels only he can help her with.

I was sooo excited to finally see a human featured in the Psy/Changeling world. We finally get to see a little of how humans think of themselves in a world dominated by the Psy and Changelings,and in turn how the Psy and Changelings perceive humans.

Continued story arcs are picked up and carried full steam ahead in Mine to Possess. We get more updates on the Psy Council and new info about those helping in the fight against them. I love that these books are actually going somewhere and we can see from one book to the next the progression of the series. Characters from the previous novels make appearances that don't seem forced but truly add to the storyline and give the book a well rounded feel.

As usual Ms.Singh delivers top notch writing and world building. Her mind truly amazes me. She manages to keep up multiple story lines without taking away time from the main hero and heroine of each new book. These books are what paranormal romance is all about. If you haven't given them a try you really should treat yourself.  :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:58:07 pm by SweetSensation »
Mom always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, \\\'within reason.\\\' When I asked her what she meant by \\\'within reason,\\\' she said, \\\'You ask a lot of questions for a garbage man.\\\' <br />` Jack Handey `

CandyAss

• Mechanic
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 09:17:07 am »
 ;D  I can't wait to read this, I didn't get one of the ARC for Mine to Posses but I want to thank you for your review (sans spoilers :-X)  and look forward to discussing MtP when it comes out