Author Topic: Terry Spear  (Read 4728 times)

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Terry Spear
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:46:19 am »
Has anyone read Heart of the Wolf? It's about a red werewolf name Bella who flees a adoptive pack of gray werewolves when the alpha male tries to forcibly claim her as his mate. But her real love is his 2nd, Devlyn, and he is willing to fight his alpha to the death to claim her. But there's another problem a pack of red werewolves take to killing human females and order to claim Bella for their own. Now Bella and Devlyn must defeat the rogue wolves before they can return home so Devlyn can challenge his alpha to claim Bella and become the new alpha.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Terry Spear
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 05:53:04 am »
Hadn't heard of it.  May have to try it just to figure out why killing human females is supposed to bring Bella back to them.  Also why they're so bloody - pun inteneded - determined to have this female that they let be adopted out in the first place.  Also why it's up to the lovers to defeat these rogues, and why it has to be done to return to the (presumably distant, being carnivores) gray pack.  Sounds like plot devices rather than real reasons for the action from this precis, sorry.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:30:32 am »
Bella's family was killed in a wildfire when she was young and Davlyn saved her so the grays took her in and raised her. when she become of age the alpha male wanted to make her his mate so she ran away because he was trying to force himself on her. She was in love with Davlyn though but she was afraid that Volan the alpha male would kill him so she left. She moved out of state and stayed gone for 150 years but she keep in touch with the old alpha because he was a father to her. The reds were killing females hoping to turn them because females are rare, and the ones in their pack were not old enough to breed. So when they find out Bella is a red and is in heat they try to claim her as their own. But Davlyn comes back in the picture and has to follow his destiny and rid the reds of all the bad seeds. The reason they go back is because that is their family or pack and Volan is not a good alpha so he has to defeat him for his one true love and to lead the pack.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:35:44 am »
So Volan killed the old alpha who was her foster father, I take it?  Wait, that doesn't make sense.  If she ran to get away from Volan, as alpha, then he's not who she was keeping in touch with.  Do they let old alphas live?

I guess I'd better read it instead of bothering you for details.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:57:20 am »
Yes the old alpha stepped down because he was to old to fight Volan. He also did it to try to keep her safe. I think he knew Davlyn would eventually become brave enough to take Volan down.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 07:19:02 am »
I read this book and I agree its definitely one of the best paranormals that feature werewolves/shifters. Theres a lot of thought and incorporating wolf behaviour with the wolf packs and the hero isnt a typical Alpha but comes to his own when he faces up to Volan- I wasnt a huge fan of Bella. I found a her a bit annoying but then again being targeted by Volan wasnt fun.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D