Author Topic: Lilith Saintcrow  (Read 54058 times)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
Re: Lilith Saintcrow
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »
Well, we don't see Saul a lot in this book, but when we see him I don't remember Jill being particularly insensitive to him. Of course, it's been almost a couple months since I read it and my memory sucks, still... :)
Is it non-stop action? Hmm, yes. Does Jill stop and think about what to do next? Not really. But I'd give this a try, especially since the next book will be the last one about Jill. At least for a while, and if I'm not mistaken. ;D
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:15 am »
Lili posted on her blog about the new Steampunk series she's started to work on now that the Jill Kismet one is over.

Emma Bannon, Prime sorceress in the service of Britannia, has a mission: to protect Archibald Clare, a failed, unregistered mentath. His skills of deduction are legendary, and her own sorcery is not inconsiderable. It doesn’t much help that they dislike each other, or that Bannon’s Shield, Mikal, might just be a traitor himself. Or that the conspiracy killing registered mentaths and sorcerers alike will just as likely kill them as seduce them into treachery toward their Queen. In an alternate Londonium where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head, Bannon and Clare now face hostility, treason, cannon fire, black sorcery, and the problem of reliably finding hansom cabs. The game is afoot…

I am so ridiculously excited about this. Clockwork horses. Charm and charter. Gryphons. Cannon fire. Logic engines. GIGANTIC CLOCKWORK MECHA RUN BY LOGIC. *does squealing Kermit arm-wavey dance* This is why I’ve been diving up to my eyeballs into Victoriana. I am having a ball with creating Bannon & Clare’s world, and I can’t wait to invite you, dear Reader, into it.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »
It sounds definitely interesting. I wouldn't mind it if it were a little less dark than usual too. :P
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:12 pm »
It sounds definitely interesting. I wouldn't mind it if it were a little less dark than usual too. :P

Ditto. Something a *little* lighter would be most welcome.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:32 am »
Has anyone read The Iron Wyrm Affair yet? I'm vacillating on buying it.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »
http://dkwatson.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/blending-science-fiction-and-fantasy-the-world-of-dante-valentine/#comment-2251

I love the positive way this review is presented, and it does make me interested in reading this series.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2013, 03:43:56 am »
Made me want to pick them back up again too, I have the first one in print and got the omnibus for $1.99 at some point but have not read it.
As I remember I enjoyed the first one immensely but then it took to long for the next one to come out and as there isn't really a a shortage of good books coming out I sort of forgot about payhing attention to when the next one was due.

I also like her steampunk mysteries.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy