Author Topic: Lilith Saintcrow  (Read 54060 times)

jackie

• Mechanic
Re: Lilith Saintcrow
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 10:08:21 am »
You mean you don't have one yet?  No sweetheart, that's not a toothpick, it is in fact a katana!

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 10:39:41 am »
Heck, I didn't notice!!! Must be the reason why sometimes my gums hurt... O_o *mazoku scratching her head thinking*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:48:26 am by Good Mazoku »
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Collaroy

• Tinker
  • Le vent nous portera
    • Collaroy's myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 01:11:01 pm »
Okay. So here goes. At the moment I'm reading 'Book of Joby' (and I probably will be for a while, because it's a doorstopper), but I have this new media player (my BABY!)(I'm sure I'm actually not a woman but a man because electronic gadgets [and books] are what I'm spending my salary on [either way, it mostly goes to Amazon]- not shoes) on which I can actually comfortably read txt files. I have 'The Good the Dead and the Undead' (the second Rachel Morgan book) on it which I read on the bus and the train, BUT right now I found Working With the Devil as txt and I will switch to that instead. I really like Rachel Morgan, but now you've got me all excited about Lilith Saintcrow and I can't wait (sorry, Kim Harrison)!

Mazoku, I'll find you, hunt you down and hold YOU responsible if I don't like it- remember, we're on the same continent, so I'm not *that* far away... ;)
* If there's no dancing at the revolution, I'm not coming. *

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 02:45:12 pm »
You won't regret it, I assure you ;) And if you don't like it, well, I might find some stuff I absolutely have to do...in Hell...and hide, ehr, disappear for a while ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 09:10:14 pm »
Hey Cerulean,

I was in the bookstore yesterday and saw the Lili books. I hadn't read this thread yet but I recognized her name enough to read the back of the book. I picked up the first in the Dante Valentine series, looked pretty good. Thanks for the heads up!

Hurog Means Dragon.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 08:17:33 am »
Collaroy - you have to tell us more about your media player! I love books - both content and physically,  but I would prefer not to waste some much resources - trees, energy, shipping, space - on the ones I don't love.  A review of what you have found would be greatly appreciated.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 09:48:24 am »
(I'm sure I'm actually not a woman but a man because electronic gadgets [and books] are what I'm spending my salary on [either way, it mostly goes to Amazon]- not shoes)

You know, sometimes my sister comes to me and sprays me with Holy Water for the same reason (she's almost a shop-a-holic and calls her bags "her babies") ::)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 12:12:54 pm »
:) Yay! Come on over to the Dark Side!!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 05:21:08 am »
Yesterday I finished Dead Man Rising, I'm already onto The Devil's Right Hand...I've grown addicted to these books too!!! >_<
As for Dead Man Rising, Cerulean, I can only say: YEAH!!! I KNEW IT!!! You certainly know what I'm talking about... ;)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:23 am »
Yesterday I finished Dead Man Rising, I'm already onto The Devil's Right Hand...I've grown addicted to these books too!!! >_<
As for Dead Man Rising, Cerulean, I can only say: YEAH!!! I KNEW IT!!! You certainly know what I'm talking about... ;)

Oh yeah! Now imagine having to wait MONTHS until you could find out!! It was horrible/wonderful. I wanted soo badly to know, but then I loved the anticipation, too.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 10:52:37 am »
Hmm, I would have probably teleported at Ms. Saintcrow's doorstep and begged to know only that little bit of info...I usually avoid threatening my favorite authors with damnation.  ;) I leave that as the last resort... *mazoku whistling innocently* ;D

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 07:57:34 am »
Okay, I read the first book and was absolutely fascinated.  I enjoyed reading it, the world, and Danny.  I am about to start Dead Man rising with high hopes about Jaf (after reading the summary on the back).  Hmm...I am tempted to find spoilers, but eh, I can just read the book. 

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 07:56:57 am »
YAY!!! *mazoku dancing around happily*

Saint City Sinners has been released!!! ;D
I love that woman...new books out so quickly: every book addict's dream!!! ;)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:35 am »
YAY!!! *mazoku dancing around happily*

Saint City Sinners has been released!!! ;D
I love that woman...new books out so quickly: every book addict's dream!!! ;)

I know! I jumped up and down in joy when Lili sent out the notice that Amazon has started shipping early. Two weeks early! I ordered mine immediately :)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 02:57:06 pm »
Alas, I have to wait 'til saturday morning, when I'll finally be able to go to the library to order it :-\ Bwaaaaahh, I want it now!!! *mazoku rolling on the floor crying* Bwaaaaahh!!! T_T