Author Topic: Asil and Sage  (Read 52119 times)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
Re: Asil and Sage
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2009, 05:35:47 am »
In canon somewhere it has stated been Female werewolves can not have kids because the toll of the changing process.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:34 am »
except charles's mother.  perhaps they could do some mass research on how she was able to keep from changing and not lose her child. 

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:07 am »
Off topic folks. This is the Asil and Sage thread, not the Sam and Sage threda, and it's certainly not another thread on werewolves and children. We already have several of those :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2009, 05:03:24 pm »
Off topic folks. This is the Asil and Sage thread, not the Sam and Sage threda, and it's certainly not another thread on werewolves and children. We already have several of those :D

lol sry.  quite right.  i do think that sage would be pretty good for asil though.  she's so much the opposite of him in a lot of ways. :)

~zipp

ironkitten

• Mechanic
  • it all started with chocolate! - Mercy
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2010, 06:02:05 pm »
I don't forsee Asil and Sage as an item yet. I think Asil will wait and Anna is helping him and he in turn is helping her. Sage I think may like Asil but I don't think that it would be an immediate thing. Maybe later one perhaps when Asil is better. It would be interesting though to see a little more on Sage which would answer as the thread has brought up the unmated female - so far as it was stated we only have Mary Jo, but I am not sure there is much to tell there. Anyway it would be up to Patty to do the relationship thing there, but again I don't think it would be for a while. :)
Qualified hairdresser now - watch out here I come and I have scissors & hair dye!

Brittany

• Grease Monkey
  • Omega Wolf
    • blog
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2010, 04:44:17 pm »
I really like the idea of Asil and Sage. When I was reading the books, I got the impression that she might feel something more than friendship toward him. :) But I agree with a lot of the other people here. I think Asil still needs more time to heal before he could think about being mated to someone other than Sarai. For now, I like them as friends. Hopefully we'll get to see more of the Sage/Asil friendship in the next book! :D
Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the
women stand behind us, and say, Kill it. Squish it. — Ric Postinger (Hunting Ground)

ironkitten

• Mechanic
  • it all started with chocolate! - Mercy
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2010, 04:54:02 pm »
Ya, I mean I think Asil holds some regard for Sage though because he allows her to come visit daily. I agree with you Brittany on those thoughts. I just finished re reading them and I can see something later down the road. By the way I like your banner.
Qualified hairdresser now - watch out here I come and I have scissors & hair dye!

Brittany

• Grease Monkey
  • Omega Wolf
    • blog
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2010, 05:23:46 pm »
That's true! Maybe he does have some sort of feelings for her that he just feels he can't recognize yet. In Cry Wolf, when Sage came into Asil's hothouse, it said, "[Asil's] standards of beauty had broadened over the years, but even if they hadn't, Sage would have hit every chime he had." Seems like he's attracted to her at the very least. Maybe after the events of Cry Wolf, he'll slowly start moving on. I would absolutely love to see something happen with the two of them in the future.

And thank you! I have an obsession with saving beautiful pictures of wolves. I always use them as banners on forums. :D
Women are the bloodthirsty sex. We get the reputation, but it is only because the
women stand behind us, and say, Kill it. Squish it. — Ric Postinger (Hunting Ground)

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 04:30:08 pm »
I agree with the general trend in this topic: that Asil and Sage is defiantly a potential couple. I won't go into the details of why I thought this while reading CW because its pretty much all been said.

However, I'd have to disagree with a statement that's been made repeatedly here.(Forgive me if I'm off topic) Mary Jo seems to me a much more interesting case-study on unmated female wolves than Sage. From her unhealthy fixation (or what ever you'd call it) on Adam to her complex relationship with Henry, as far a the politics of the packs go, she's worth discussing.

Just a thought.

On the topic of Sage and Asil, which is where I should have been anyway, I don't really understand the resistance to it. Is it only because you believe its an assumption based on nothing concrete? Because from the moment Sage was introduced as someone close to Asil - or at least as close as he would allow anyone to be - I suspected that she was interested in him. It was really the only reason I could think of concerning why she'd work with him in his garden enough for it to become habitual.
•Hav•

caerali

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:58 am »
Maybe he does have some sort of feelings for her that he just feels he can't recognize yet.

I would gently disagree with you.  I'm certain he does recognize it -- he's old, I just can't consider anyone who's survived as long as he to be that oblivious.  He purposely separates himself from her when he's able -- such as in in Cry Wolf, at Doc's funeral.  He sat in the pew behind Bran, his alpha, rather then with her.  Later on Anna recalled seeing her at the funeral.  So Sage was there, but not so close.  I believe Patty would have specifically pointed out if Sage had been sitting near Asil.  Rather then when Anna randomly recalled seeing her once Sage came to Charles's home later.  Asil probably felt that in a church with the Marrok present -- no one would have threatened Sage.  He likely felt she was safe enough.  Besides, he was more facinated with tormenting Charles who he knew would sit with his father/alpha.  It's a matter of priorties -- torment the alpha's pup and trigger a fight with the alpha or Charles or protect a woman who isn't his in a location where she's fairly protected.

I live in a relatively small town.  Everyone knows your business -- good and bad.  Aspen Creek is even smaller so I can only imagine the gossip it would invite.  He's a private man, I think getting into his business would certainly be a death sentance.  He's already borderline suicidal (that early in the book, anyway).  Anyone that old would have a strong sense of honor -- it would have been rude to hurt a woman that way -- being born in the 800s is a far cry from 2010.

I think he allows her around because:  a) he's dominant and has the need to protect those who are less dominant and needs protection (she's been injured in the past), b) no threat to his position in the pack, and c) doesn't take offense to his moodiness (because it's not directed at her).

Of course he likes her, she's nice to him and of course, beautiful.  But I think for now he's willing to keep her as arms length --  as a puppy in need of protection from others, but he keeps her close enough to pull in at a moment's notice if someone should threaten her.

It's hard to see from this point forward, not much was said about Asil in the last book, Hunting Ground.  And Sage wasn't mentioned at all.  I think Anna would have mentioned something more if something had changed about their situation.  He's still trying to recover from the last 200 years.  I think any relationship for him is a ways off.  He likes her too much, to be that cruel to her - it's a matter of curtsey.

Chalger

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:35 pm »

Of course he likes her, she's nice to him and of course, beautiful.  But I think for now he's willing to keep her as arms length --  as a puppy in need of protection from others, but he keeps her close enough to pull in at a moment's notice if someone should threaten her.

I think Sage is important to him, but not romantically important. As Asil had pushed his son away for years I don't think he has anyone really close to him left and he views people like Sage, who are kind and don't judge him or are ridiculously scared of him because he's The Moor, as friends and he won't do anthing to jeopardise losing them.

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2010, 09:17:36 pm »
You know, it never occurred to me - or I don't remember it ever occurring to me - that part of the reason Asil wouldn't pursue anything with Sage, particularly if he knew she was interested, was because he anticipated his own death and did not what to put her through that.

If that is the case, then their relationship dynamic is even more interesting to me.

However, because of Asil's desire for death, it almost doesn't feel safe for Sage to even pursue a close friendship with him. Why set yourself up for ultimate sadness? Its more likely, to me, that she hangs out with him for other reasons and, as a result of that, feelings developed.
•Hav•

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »
Oh, I think you've got something there.  Most of us have been coming at it from "what does Asil want/think/feel?"  But turn it around; what does Sage want?  She might very well have started hanging around him with - well, not ulterior motives exactly, but a rather cold blooded mindset of using him.  He's dominant, very dominant, but not exactly in the pack ranking, as far as needing to be obeyed because he's the Alpha's 2nd, 3rd, 6th.  So he can protect her from less dominant male weres.  And because of his messed up mating bond with Sarai, he's not (or hasn't been...) interested in courting and claiming her, although they might have had more or less casual sex.  Plus his former death wish meant that she wouldn't have to put up with him, probably, for more than a few decades.  As we know, he did ask Bran to kill him, more than once.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2010, 02:56:16 am »
Interesting perspective that.
*wanders off to ponder some more*

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

HavParker

• Tinker
    • The Critical Artist
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »
To use him? I kinda like that... Because of the abuse she's suffered, I don't think she'd pursue a full-fledged romance with anyone. However, Sage doesn't seem to me to be someone against using Asil if it meant self-preservation or a more comfortable existence. Zero commitment. Come and go as pleased. Not a bad deal of yet.

I doubt the casual sex though. At least not up til Cry Wolf. Asil's attracted to her, he admits that to himself. But I don't recall any inference to any, uh, activity.
•Hav•