Author Topic: Jordan Summers  (Read 4148 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Jordan Summers
« on: February 20, 2009, 08:25:51 am »
I recently read  Red just over Christmas and I kept meaning to start a thread for Jordan Summers.
Red is the first book of the Dead World series and I really enjoyed it- its definitely a gritty love story which Jordan Summers wanted to write and its a great twist on the Little Red Riding hood story.
This is the blurb for Red.

War is brewing in a near-future world where murder is all but unheard of and the existence of creatures known as the Others has yet to be proven. In the end, one woman will face her fears to stand and fight.

Gina Santiago is a member of an elite tactical team in charge of protecting the world. She’s devoted her life to apprehending the most heinous criminals that prey on society—and now she’s after the worst one yet.

On her own, with no backup, the trail takes her to a dusty, tight-knit town on the fringes of society, where everyone’s a suspect. Even the sexy sheriff, Morgan Hunter, isn’t telling her everything.

The closer Gina comes to finding out the secret of this sleepy little town and its big, bad sheriff, the more scared she gets—because she’s beginning to realize that she has a secret, too. A secret that will change her life…and make her the killer’s next prey.

Scarlett will be out later this year

f you’re not afraid of the big bad wolf… you should be.

Welcome to the near-future where prejudice is no longer tied to the color of your skin, but the purity of your blood. To be accused of taint is tantamount to a death sentence.

Thrust into a world of creatures Gina ‘Red’ Santiago never knew existed, she does her best to fit in while trying to come to grips with the fact that she’s a werewolf. The transition from International Police Tactical Team officer to unpaid recruiter is not an easy one, especially when her new boyfriend, Morgan is an alpha werewolf, the local sheriff of Nuria–and her new boss.

Morgan Hunter is doing his best to ease Red into her new life. She’s only beginning to understand the ‘Others’ and the power that they yield.

That’s why he hasn’t mentioned that he’s claimed her as his mate. Well, that and the fact he’s not exactly sure how she’d take the news.

There are some things even an alpha werewolf fears.

Their newfound happiness is about to be shattered by a past Morgan thought was long buried. Someone doesn’t want them to succeed at recruiting ‘Others’ for a rival tactical team. They will do whatever it takes to prevent a team from forming, even if that means killing off the new recruits and tearing the couple apart.

Now along with trying to hold their relationship together, Red and Morgan must stop the killer before they strike again. If they survive, there is that little problem of a blood war looming on the horizon.

Looks like it’s going to be a long, hot summer.

And Crimson book 3 will follow shortly- I have to say that I really liked the red inked edges of the  pages in the book that was pretty clever and I like the artwork.  *bookpusher mode on* my fellow twins/addicts - I really recommend this book ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
Re: Jordan Summers
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:14:11 am »
I already have it...Ha Ha ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Jordan Summers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:27:53 am »

See another bookpusher agrees with me ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D