Author Topic: Shana Abe  (Read 6191 times)

HiddenSparkle

• Tool Wrangler
Shana Abe
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:36:43 pm »

Has anyone read any of Shana Abe's books?? I stumbled across her books today in the library but the first book was no where to be found (even though the catalog said that it was in the library >:(). Should I pursue finding the first book or just forget about it? I'm just curious if anyone has read her books and has any sort of opinion about them...
Celebrate Randomness...

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Shana Abe
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:03:54 pm »
The first book was great. I liked the second and third as well, but I'd definitely suggest picking up the first one.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 01:34:22 pm »
What sort of books does she write?  And what are they? 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

HiddenSparkle

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:56:23 pm »
Here is the description of the first book, The Smoke Thief. It sounds good to me so I'm hoping that the library will locate it.  :D

For centuries they’ve lived in secret among northern England’s green and misted hills. Creatures of extraordinary beauty, power, and sensuality, they possess the ability to shape-shift from human to dragon and back again. Now their secret–and their survival–is threatened by a temptation that will break every boundary....

Dubbed the Smoke Thief, a daring jewel thief is confounding the London police. His wealthy victims claim the master burglar can walk through walls and vanish into thin air. But Christoff, the charismatic Marquess of Langford, knows the truth: the thief is no ordinary human but a “runner” who’s fled Darkfrith without permission. As Alpha leader of the dra´kon, it’s Kit’s duty to capture the fugitive before the secrets of the tribe are revealed to mortals. But not even Kit suspects that the Smoke Thief could be a woman.

Clarissa Rue Hawthorne knew her dangerous exploits would attract the attention of the dra´kon. But she didn’t expect Christoff himself to come to London, dangling the tribe’s most valuable jewel–the Langford Diamond–as bait. For as long as she could remember, Rue had lived the life of a halfling–half dra´kon, half mortal–and an outcast in both worlds. She’d always loved the handsome and willful Kit from the only place it was safe: from afar. But now she was no longer the shy, timid girl she’d once been. She was the first woman capable of making the Turn in four generations. So why did she still feel the same dizzying sense of vulnerability whenever he was near?

From the moment he saw her, Kit knew that the alluring and powerful beauty was every bit his Alpha equal and destined to be his bride. And by the harsh laws of the dra´kon, Rue knew that she was the property of the marquess. But they will risk banishment and worse for a chance at something greater. For now Rue is his prisoner, the diamond has disappeared, and she’s made the kind of dangerous proposition a man like Kit cannot resist....In this bewitching novel, Shana Abé transports us into a world of exhilarating romance and magic.
Celebrate Randomness...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
I have read that!
Its a really good book- although I havent had the chance to get the other books in the series. But I definitely recommend this series ;D
And can I add the cover for this book is really beautiful as well- it was one of the reasons why I bought it.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 04:30:03 pm »
Thanks.  :)
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

ppbwashu

• Tinker
  • God, thank you for moving me to wine country!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 04:59:21 pm »
I recently read "The Last Mermaid", and really loved it.  It's a trilogy of short stories (novellas, really) about mermaids and how they must "capture" a mate.  Beautifully written, and I'll be looking for more of her books!
Find what you love and do it!

HiddenSparkle

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 01:40:31 pm »
So I just realized that I never commented on what I thought of the books after I finished them. ::) I loved them all and I recommend them for anyone who wants to read a story with a new spin on dragons. It has a nice bit of romance in each one too. ;D Each book comes from a different person's POV yet it continues the flow of the large plot very well. I even got the 4th one on the day it came out which is something I usually save for my absolute favorite authors (I need to psych myself up for it for most authors. I'm not made of money.  :D ). Anyway, I highly recommend them.  :)
Celebrate Randomness...