Author Topic: Notification emails  (Read 2933 times)

dswdiane

• Tool Wrangler
Notification emails
« on: April 15, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »
Is there a list that one can be on in order to receive notifications that the author has published a new book?  I read a lot.  I'm on such lists for a number of other authors.  I would like to be on one for Ms. Briggs. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Notification emails
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:01 pm »
Hmm.  Good question.
I think the closest thing we have set up here would be that if you set up your profile to notify you of posts on the thread for speculations on upcoming books, you would get notification of ALL posts on that thread, and you could check it every week or so, see when the official release date is posted, and when it shifts from being "speculation" to "spoilers".
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

dswdiane

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »
Hrm--do you mind if I suggest that the publisher or publicist might be asked to set up such an email list?  I'm on such lists for Michael Connelly, Robert Crais, Jim Butcher, and several other authors.  I'm fairly certain the authors don't take care of it themselves. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
Or possibly Patty's new assistant can do it... I'll send HER a link to this thread, and let her see what she can come up with.  Don't expect too much speed, but we'll see what happens.  :)
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.