Author Topic: The Help Thread and Test Thread  (Read 25242 times)

Lady_Inari

• Tool Wrangler
Re: The Help Thread and Test Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2011, 04:08:54 pm »
Testing testing spoiler spoiler spoiler   Yay!  I found it!  Thank you guys!

Livi

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 07:48:57 am »
I am having trouble adding an avatar. I resized the picture to 65 x 65 pix, and tried lowering the quality, but every time I try to upload it I get the error that it is either too big or not an avatar.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:05 am »
I'll pass a note around to some of the more tech savvy mods to try to help you.  You might send a PM to Elle with the picture you want to use, she's very good and can probably find a way to load it in for you.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Livi

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 08:07:06 am »
Sorry, I figured it out. I hosted it on photobucket, should have thought of that before!  :-[

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:18 am »
Ah, good for you!

Marroksoul

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »
I probably shouldnit do this but i can't make a topic. How does it work.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »
Most probably it's this, from the FAQ thread:

Why can't I post my poll (in section X)?

Certain portions of the board are easier for everyone to deal with if polls aren't possible in them.  The Canon section in particular would not benefit from polls placed there, they rightly belong in the speculation threads if they are about the books.  "For Patty" and "Ask Patty", with or without answers, does not need polls.

Why can't I post on the question/comment for Patty?

To keep them easy for Patty to see and deal with; rather than drowning the original question or comment in speculation or only distantly related material, the moderators of the area will lock them either if someone brings in an answer (usually with a citation of where Patty said it) or Patty herself answers it.  After that, it is moved to the area for "Responded", and remains locked, having been dealt with.  You may comment in the Series or Book comments for the subject, either in an already existing thread, or by starting your own thread.  If your thread duplicates an existing one, it will be merged with the older thread.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:48 am »
We have just discovered that the "report to moderator" option is currently not working, a casualty of the switch to the newer software.  For now, please if you find spam or other inappropriate posts, report them to the moderators for the area, and if it's a spammer, to Patti & Elle.  We'll update when Mr. Mike gets a fix up on it, after the remodel is done & they've moved back into their house.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 11:31:03 am »
Here is a short set of instructions for setting up a banner or signature for yourself.

On the tabs at the top of any page, go to "Profile"
Choose the "Modify Profile" tab.
Go to " Forum Profile"
At the bottom of the set of boxes, is one that has " Custom Title
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature." --
and a box.  If you have an image, use [ img](the code copy/pasted) &/or words[ /img], taking the spaces after the "[" brackets out.
Click on "change profile" on the lower right corner of the page.
That should do it.

At this time, the "notify of new posts on thread made while your post is typed" function is also not working.  It doesn't hurt to check back on posts ahead of yours before you move to the next thread you want to look at or post in.