Author Topic: audiobooks from audible.  (Read 3935 times)

Crystal_kitten

audiobooks from audible.
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:29:30 pm »
not sure if i'm in the right place but i figure if i'm wrong all the nice people will tell me so ^^

i recently found out that audible carries the audiobooks.  Bone crossed and Cry wolf but are only allowed to be sold to people in the USA.  I am aussie and would love to get my hands on them.  is there any chance that there is an audio cd or they talked about world rights and permission. 

If anyone can help i'd be greatful.   Thank you

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: audiobooks from audible.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:18:32 am »
Arrrgh!  What a dilemma.  The Audio rights were sold to ACE, Patty's primary publisher.  They have all the distribution rights for the US, but not worldwide, so they're apparently only selling to the USA.

With books this isn't a big problem, there's always a way to ship a crate of books to English-language bookstores around the world.  I don't know what to do with audio. 

The problem is that the publishers are still feeling their way forward with audio books.  Bone Crossed is actually read by Lorelie King, one of my all time favorite voice actors, and I'd love to see it get wide distribution. 

I think, if I were you, I'd be asking how they know you're based in Australia.   With a PayPal account, you should be able to pay from anywhere.  There's no physical delivery, so they won't need an address.  And, with a decent web-proxy, they can't tell where you're browsing from.  I think I'd be looking for a decent proxy server, and pretending I was a yankee long enough to place the order . . .  but that's just me! ;)
Where's my super-suit?

Crystal_kitten

Re: audiobooks from audible.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:01:09 am »
as far as i could tell they don't use paypal and Sorry to say that paypal suck and there is also a Paypal for aussies.  one could tell from my credit card details.  we only are just able since the end of last year to even use audible since they combined with the bookstore Dymocks.