Author Topic: HBO's George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones  (Read 36321 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Re: HBO's George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2011, 05:43:14 am »
Ugh. That was a rather brutal episode both for the Starks and the Khal&Khaleesi.  :(

I want to see Dany emerge from the fire with her dragons and have all the horselords swear allegiance to her.  I was all "you go girl!" when you told that horselord that she has never been "nothing," that she is a daughter of the dragons. 

I have no idea where Martin is going with her character over the course of the series -- and I know that there are still 2 books unwritten? -- but I'm secretly hoping that Dany will reclaim the throne.  Of course, based on what I've seen/read, that probably means that she'll be killed off just when things start looking really good for her.  (I'm a little afraid to start reading the series because I tend to get invested in characters, and I'm afraid that I will start rooting for characters and then be seriously bummed with Martin starts killing all my faves.  Which, I understand, he does regularly.)
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:41 pm »
Kali better not die! >:( I love him and Dany! And Stark dying! OMG this is so intense!

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2011, 10:19:37 am »
I just hope we get a big battle scene this season. There is only one so far in the books, but there has been none in the TV show...

Oh well, still completely hooked on this!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2011, 11:02:32 am »
The finale was SOOOOOO good! It does what a good finale does, whets your appetite for the next season. I cannot wait to see what happens next with these characters and the situations that they are facing.

Who doesn't love baby dragons!!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »
JOFFREY SUCKS
I hate him!
He needs to die!!

That is all.  Thank you.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:36 pm »
Isn't he horrible??! But he inspired the best line out of Sansa in this whole series. I loved the look she gave him after the delivery. Nice one, Sansa!
Hurog Means Dragon.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »
Needs to die slowly and painfully. Preferably by Sansa.  >D  Or Dragon bait? Bet those babies are hungry
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:37:58 pm by CarolKat »

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:16 am »
I loved the scene with Robb and Catelyn in the woods. So lovely and when the men of the north declared Robb their king. That was intense. Next season is gonna be good!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:22 am »
Ok. I just discovered that there are episode available to me online via my parabol provider. But there seems to be a time limit, episodes 3-5 is available now.So I seem to have missed the first two.  :-' I wanted to start at the beginning. 
Will I be able to make sense of it starting with episode 3?
I am wondering wether to watch on computer or wait for dvd-release which is very far off, if I understand correctly.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2011, 06:20:47 am »
Ok. I just discovered that there are episode available to me online via my parabol provider. But there seems to be a time limit, episodes 3-5 is available now.So I seem to have missed the first two.  :-' I wanted to start at the beginning. 
Will I be able to make sense of it starting with episode 3?
I am wondering wether to watch on computer or wait for dvd-release which is very far off, if I understand correctly.

I think you'd catch on fairly quickly, but you'd miss a LOT of stuff that happens/plays a role in the larger storyline.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2011, 06:23:44 am »
Oh. Grumble. Will need to think a bit. There is the question of instant gratification versus bigger enjoyment of the overall story.... Hmmm

Is moot just now anyway, as they are having server problems and I was kicked off and can't log on again for a while.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2011, 11:33:07 am »
Well, the second season is being filmed but we won't see until Spring of next year. :-\

I might have to read all the books to keep getting my fix.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

Siren

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2011, 12:24:09 pm »
That sounds like a good idea, Talyn. I think, I shall do the same.  :)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »
Hurog Means Dragon.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr