Author Topic: J. K. Rowling  (Read 32476 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Re: J. K. Rowling
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 10:14:09 am »
spoiler thread should be fun... I did like this movie though.... I think it got the tone better than the other movies have.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Elayne

• Tool Wrangler
    • ~Adventure's Dawn~
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 12:07:09 pm »
This series has turned out to be one of my favorites! I'm happy to say that I was pleased with the way the series ended, though I thought the epilogue of book 7 could have been left out. :p I had to be prodded into reading this series by a friend of mine, and once I picked up book one I couldn't put it down! I love how the characters grow from year to year, and am happy / sad that the series is complete!
Looking for something new to read? ;)
~Adventure's Dawn~

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 12:14:50 pm »
It is one of my favorite series too. I liked the epilogue though, it shows that life goes on... and I love that Spoiler!!! (highlight this) Teddy winds up with Bill and Fleur's daughter. It made me laugh.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 04:16:42 pm »
I love how the characters grow from year to year, and am happy / sad that the series is complete!

That's one of my favorite things about the books too, how the characters got more mature, hit bigger issues, and got darker and darker until you weren't really sure what was going to happen to whom. 
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 03:21:38 pm »
At the end of the second book I was pacing and reading at the same time.... people who saw me said they thought the the floor might catch fire if I didn't stop... :)

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 03:34:34 pm »
Good thing you weren't wearing corduroy pants, you would have set yourself on fire. ;)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 04:08:09 pm »
as long as I got to finish the book rolling up and down the hospital hallways in my wheel chair. ;D ;)

Killer Kitten

• Tinker
  • Kitttens Kill
    • MySpace
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 12:31:19 pm »
yay. I love Harry Potter.
I can't wait for thee 6th movie to come out. It was my favorite book.
And the seventh one was prolly the most amazing book in the series!!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 08:43:23 am »
Rowling did a great job at portraying teens - there was a lot of outcry when Harry had those temper tantrums in Order of the Pheonix, and when Ron is such an idiot in the Deathly Hallows, but heck, they're teenagers! She could've easily made all the characters - but especially Harry - into perfect heroes and heroines who never made mistakes and were always gracious and well-behaved. And boring. Kudos to her!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

bebe1613

• Tool Wrangler
  • Music is my bandaid. It heals everything for me.
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:25 pm »
Since I am a child at heart... I love this series.. Harry Potter is a great story for everyone to read.... I am however sad to see it end...Good stories like these keep you wanting more... I did however read that JK Rowlings is planning to write something else concerning the characters lives.... The obscurity at the end was I believe intentional... and I hope there is more... like all obsessed Potter fans....

All thats left for us is to keep up with the movies....

HP and the Half Blooded Prince is Due in November....
Some boys may break your heart, but a real man picks up the pieces, willing to love you even more.

Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 09:42:18 am »
Well, I hope to see more of their adult lives, and what about their children's days in school? Will it be history repeated as before? or with voldemort gone everything will be smooth?

I loved the series, though the 5th book I could do without the middle 400 pages... the whole story was the last 150 or 200 pages..... Oh how I missed them in the movie.... but I can only hope.... 6 and 7 are up... Hopefully they will be more in the book's spirit....

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 12:50:28 pm »
I know JKR said she's writing an encyclopedia (hence her lawsuit against the guy from that website who started putting one together). I don't beleive she's said what she's planning on doing after that. If she's like most writers, she'll want to keep writing, but she's said she's done with books about Harry. I'm not sure if that leaves his world open to play in or not - it would be *really* hard to play in that world and not mention the main characters, especially since they're so prominent in that world. There are a few authors (Lois McMaster Bujold comes to mind immediately) who've had very successful series in one world and then created a completely different one to play in that was just as good. I hope JKR can do the same. I wonder if it'll be fantasy? World-building is clearly one of her strengths; I can't imagine her doing an adult scifi or contemporary fiction book. But another fantasy with another world would be difficult to do. Either way, I'm sure I'll buy it.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Killer Kitten

• Tinker
  • Kitttens Kill
    • MySpace
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 10:51:47 am »
Huh.

My cousin told me that she was writing an 800 word book about Harry, Ron and Hermoine, and their adult lives. Then, Rowling is gonna auction it off to one person.

I don't know if I beleive her. I was about to scream. What a stupid idea, if I do say so myself. I think she should write one more smaller book on the HP series. She left so many things unanswered in the Epilouge of The Deathly Hollows. Such as, What happened to Hermione's parents. And I want to knnow what happened to their friends,such as Luna. And what did George do after fred died? What happened to Weazley"s Wizard Weazes[?]?[ Is that what thier shop is called?]

I'll have to reread the book number seven.

I think the smaller book is a good idea, though. . . . .at least to be sold to everyone. I would buyit!!!

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:11 pm »
just checked Amazon and she has one more book in the Harry world tales of Beedle the Bard with intros from Prof, Dumbledore.

The standard edition is at normal price, I think under Ten Dollars. The Collector's though has a few things more and is up to 100 dollars.... Of Course I'll get the standard edition.. (more of Dumbledore? who wouldn't want more?)

alan

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:15 pm »
Love all the Harry Potter stuff!