Author Topic: Patricia Briggs Cover Art Discussion  (Read 217417 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Re: Patricia Briggs Cover Art Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 03:18:10 pm »
Great for him! He does fantastic work!
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 12:42:16 pm »
my favorite by far is the pawprint on her stomach and i love her reasoning for having it there too, so that its in the center of her - reminding her of what she really is

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 05:15:04 pm »
I wonder what the cover of the Charles and Anna book will be like and who the artist will be. Hmmm...the two of them together? Wolves only? I also have no idea if the author has any influence on the cover at all...that's a good chat question, I think.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Cole

• Grease Monkey
  • Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 07:11:07 pm »
DDS said patty asked him to change his first idea for the MC cover so i think the author has some rights in the art portion

There is no place like /~

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 11:41:43 am »
I like how they all tell you what the book is about :)

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 11:58:16 am »
yep.  They what first got me into the books :)  Not the outfit (even though it is kinda cool), but the tattoos and backround.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 12:13:28 pm »
the artist did a great job on the covers and i like how it is also incorporated into the back cover as well.

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 06:43:42 pm »
Santos is book cover god.

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 06:44:37 pm »
i think dan did a great job with these

courtesy of Has

maxmeyes

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 07:14:26 pm »
We make period clothing as our little home-based business and we received a call last summer from Gene Mollica, a photo illustrator, about making several outfits for new covers for several of Patty's books.  To be quite honest, I had never heard of Patricia Briggs or been much interested in fantasy fiction (just not my style).  But it was an intriguing project, and I picked up and read the books.  Wow!  Patty is an excellent author, and I found myself totally engrossed in her characters. 

But anyway, back to topic...

Gene was kind enough to pass along to us copies of the approved artwork for several of the new covers, and they look fantastic!  I don't think there will be the stigma the cheesy fantasy cover work, the women are sexy but tasteful.  I think most folks will like the new look.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 08:16:03 pm »
We make period clothing as our little home-based business and we received a call last summer from Gene Mollica, a photo illustrator, about making several outfits for new covers for several of Patty's books.  To be quite honest, I had never heard of Patricia Briggs or been much interested in fantasy fiction (just not my style).  But it was an intriguing project, and I picked up and read the books.  Wow!  Patty is an excellent author, and I found myself totally engrossed in her characters. 

But anyway, back to topic...

Gene was kind enough to pass along to us copies of the approved artwork for several of the new covers, and they look fantastic!  I don't think there will be the stigma the cheesy fantasy cover work, the women are sexy but tasteful.  I think most folks will like the new look.

Patty and I are VERY happy with the proofs we've seen of Mr. Mollica's work.   The new covers for Steal the Dragon and When Demons Walk look amazing.   I didn't realize that Steal the Dragon was a photo illustration -- or that the costumes had actually been sewn rather than photoshopped.   Very cool costumes -- Kudos!

Where's my super-suit?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 01:39:18 pm »
I like them both. The outfits really fit the moods of the books.

maxmeyes

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 02:29:09 pm »
Patty and I are VERY happy with the proofs we've seen of Mr. Mollica's work.   The new covers for Steal the Dragon and When Demons Walk look amazing.   I didn't realize that Steal the Dragon was a photo illustration -- or that the costumes had actually been sewn rather than photoshopped.   Very cool costumes -- Kudos!

Wow!  I hadn't seen the covers with the text, those look awesome!  I just saw the cover art for "Hobbs Bargain", so I think it should be equally impressive.
I don't know much about the photo-illustrating art, the way they put photos and painting together is a magic well beyond my capabilities. 

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:32:49 pm by maxmeyes »

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 05:47:05 pm »
maxmeyes,

You guys do some gorgeous work. Do you have a website where we can have a look at your stuff? The new book covers look so good. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

jenglows

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 01:22:20 pm »
The costumes are beautifull and so are the new covers!  ;D  Would you post the pictures of the actual costumes used for Steal The Dragon and When Demons Walk?  I would love to see them!