Author Topic: Walker Files  (Read 6629 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Walker Files
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:18:00 pm »

Abbreviations:

MC - Moon Called
BB - Blood Bound
IK - Iron Kissed
BC - Bone Crossed
SB - Silver Borne
RM - River Marked
FB- Frost Burned
SF - Silence Fallen
NB - Night Broken
FT - Fire Touched
SF - Silence Fallen
SC - Storm Cursed
SmB - Smoke Bitten

AO - Alpha & Omega
CW - Cry Wolf
HG - Hunting Ground
FG- Fair Game
DH - Dead Heat
BuB - Burn Bright
WS - Wild Sign

Si - Silver
Gr - Gray
Fg - Fairy Gifts
Se - Seeing Eye
Sd - Star of David
Rw -Roses in Winter
Ip - In Red With Pearls
Ug - Underappreciated Gifts
Ml - Must Love Cats
Ad - Asil and the Not Date
Re - Redemption
Hj - Hopcross Jilly
Ho- Hollow
Annotations:

This area showcases the facts and characterization breakdowns of walkers within the Mercyverse.

GENERAL WALKER FACTS

From Chat Transcripts:

• that's what a walker does; walks between here and there, between human and animalChat 2008-07-27
  • I see walker as being a thing you are or you are notChat 2008-01-06
  • Mercy is not the only walker left; walkers, like coyotes, are very good at blending inChat 2007-05-20
  • I can tell you that not all walkers are coyotes and there are some that turn into other kinds of animalsChat 2007-06-24
  • walkers, like werewolves, just are; they don't really require trainingChat 2007-08-25
  • Bran knows all about walkers; he chooses what he tellsChat 2007-05-20
  • walkers can track vampires through ghost signatures; vampires mostly don't even see the ghosts and they can't do anything to drive them awayChat 2007-06-24

From Moon Called:

• I am a walker. The term is derived from “skinwalker,” a witch of the Southwest Indian tribes who uses a skin to turn into a coyote or some other animal and goes around causing disease and deathMC-
  • white settlers incorrectly used the term for all the native shapechangers and the name stuck. We are hardly in a position to object—even if we came out in public like the lesser of the fae did, there aren’t enough of us to be worth a fussMC-
  • walker magic comes from North America, not EuropeMC-17

From Blood Bound:

• walkers were only a threat to vampires for a couple of decades and that was centuries agoBB-26
  • walkers were not popular among the vampires; when the vampires had first came to this part of the New World, the walkers had made themselves enough of a pest that the vampires had killed most of them offBB-34

From Iron Kissed:

From Bone Crossed:

From River Marked:

• is descended from a mating of mortal to immortalRM-164
  • it has been a long time since they walked so freely and for many years the only way one is born is for both parents to be descended from such a couplingRM-164
  • not all walkers are alikeRM-172
  • walkers see ghostsRM-193

MERCY RELATED WALKER FACTS & ABILITIES

From Chat Transcripts:

• Mercy's wrong about where the term "walker" comes fromChat 2008-07-27
  • I see walker as being a thing you are or you are not. She's half Native American, but all walker. The immunity sort of comes with as an innate ability -- and not something she can affect (I'm pretty sure at this point)Chat 2008-01-06
  • Mercy's magical immunity is not total; the more likely the magic is to hurt her,the less likely that her immunity will workChat 2008-02-09
  • Mercy's father may have been around for a long timeChat 2007-05-20
  • Mercy is sensitive to magic, she can't work it but she can sense it better than most peopleChat 2007-07-21
  • she can sense magic that others cannotChat 2007-07-21
  • magic acts oddly around MercyChat 2007-06-24

From Moon Called:

• born as a walker; has no super strength, no super healing, no packMC-40
  • not being a werewolf she controls her instincts and is not controlled by themMC-03
  • The coyotes are my brothersMC-
  • she doesn't have to change with the moon, but she gets restless and moody if she goes to long without changingMC-13
  • shifting is quick and painless; one moment a person, next a coyote: pure magicMC-13
  • I rubbed my nose against my foreleg to take away the last tingle of the change. It always takes a moment to adjust to moving on four feet instead of twoMC-
  • eyesight is the same in either form, hearing picks up a little, so does her sense of smellMC-13
  • even in human form her senses are better than mostMC-13
  • emotions have a smell; only in coyote form is her nose good enough to distinguish more than the strongest feelingsMC-26
  • much faster than a real coyote and just a hair quicker than a werewolfMC-25
  • I’m a little large for the average coyoteMC-
  • I don’t get a lot of the neat things that you werewolves have. No super strength. No super healing. No packMC-
  • I was three months old, and she found a coyote pup in my cribMC-

From Blood Bound:

• walkers were only a threat to vampires for a couple of decades and that was centuries agoBB-26
  • walkers were not popular among the vampires; when the vampires had first came to this part of the New World, the walkers had made themselves enough of a pest that the vampires had killed most of them offBB-34
  • resistance to vampire magicBB-155
  • "ability" to speak to ghostsBB-155

From Iron Kissed:

From Bone Crossed:

• not an expert at laying ghosts; seeing them is a lot different than putting them to restBC-31

From Silver Borne:

From River Marked:

• shifting to coyote wasn't without it's cost; she could do it several times a day, but eventually wore outRM-235
  • she could stay human for a long time - months if she had toRM-235

From Frost Burned:

From Night Broken:

From Fire Touched:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:05:55 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.