Author Topic: HIV and Werewolves  (Read 6403 times)

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
HIV and Werewolves
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:33:03 am »
I've been wondering what would happen if someone with HIV was bitten by a werewolf. As their immune system is virtually non-existent, would it take less to turn them?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:27:14 pm by Elle »
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
Re: HIV and Werewolves
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:03:51 am »
And would it then be gone, when they become werewolf?!
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

twobatfans

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:11:04 pm »
I think if it can cure cancer then AIDS is toast. However their weakened immune system may make it harder for them to survive the change. 

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:59:00 am »
I'm re-reading BB and I see that the exact wording is "in order to become a werewolf, you have to be savaged to the point that your immune system won't drive off the magic."

I would think that HIV or any immune system attacking disease would leave someone more vulnerable. Especially if they were in advanced stages. I also think this interesting as Warren is gay and he may have had some lovers pre-Kyle.....see where I'm going with this? I've seen guys with full blown AIDS out drinking at a club one week, looking perfectly normal and dead the next week from pneumonia.

Damn it, I am pleasant!

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:31:29 am »
HIV might make it easier to change someone into a werewolf --  however, as twobatfans pointed out -- if someone is already weakened, surviving the change is tough.   And the change isn't merely biological . . . there's a magical factor at work as well that can throw all predictions off.
Best,
Patty