Author Topic: Hardcover books  (Read 7561 times)

drew

Hardcover books
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:46:02 pm »
Bone Crossed is being sold as a hardcover will any of the earlier books be available in hardcover?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:52:49 pm by Elle »

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Hardcover books
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:29:59 pm »
Drew,
   The Science Fiction Book Club (lovingly known as SFBC) has brought out the first three Mercy books as an omnibus edition called Preying for Mercy.  My publisher may sometime elect to reissue the earlier books hardcover, as they have with Jim Butcher and Laurell K. Hamilton.  However, I can't promise anything.
Best,
Patty

JeremeyN

• Tool Wrangler
When are the rest of the Hardcover releases coming?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:15 am »
Patty or Mike,
I just got the Hard Cover release of Moon called. But, I was wondering what might be an approximate timeline for the rest of "The Weres" series(Mercy and Alpha & Omega) to be released in Hard Cover editions. Any chance any of these books will see a Limited series release like A&O Novella by Subterranean Press. 

Thanks In Advance,
Jeremey Norris

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: When are the rest of the Hardcover releases coming?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »
Jeremy:
This is Mike.  It's actually kind of unusual for books to go from paperback to hard cover.  The publisher thought there might be enough demand to try it with Moon Called, which was pretty flattering.  If it sells well, then maybe they'll consider Blood Bound or Iron Kissed as well, but there's no guarantee of that.  So, we don't even know IF it will ever happen, let alone when!

As far as limited series releases -- there aren't any plans of that sort on the table, and it would have to come from Ace, who currently holds the North American publishing rights.  As my mom used to say, "Never say never" -- but I wouldn't hold my breath, either! LOL
Where's my super-suit?

huney2344

• Tool Wrangler
I can only find 4 of Mercy's books in hardcover.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 04:57:09 pm »
I would like to have the full Mercy book collection in harcdover, but I am only able to find Bone Crossed, Silver Borne, Moon Called & Blood Bound in Hardcover. Is Iron Kissed not out in Hardcover yet?  And the only Blood Bound book I am able to find has different cover art than what is displayed on the website.  Do you know where i might be able to find a hardcover book that has the cover art that is shown on the site?  Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to give me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:02:36 pm by Talyn »

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: I can only find 4 of Mercy's books in hardcover.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 05:16:10 pm »
To my knowledge, huney, only Moon Called, Bone Crossed, and Silver Borne are available in hardcover with the Daniel Dos Santos covers. Can I ask what's on the cover of the Blood Bound copy you have? Where did you get it?

ETA: Okay...I see a hardcover copy available in large print. Is this your copy?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786296194/deniafomi/

I can't say for sure but if the Moon Called hardcover sells well we may see hardcovers for Blood Bound and Iron Kissed as well but that's just wishful thinking. If they are released in the future you can be sure that Mike and Patty will let us know and post something either here on the board or on the main site. As of now though there is no information available.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:24:22 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

huney2344

• Tool Wrangler
Re: I can only find 4 of Mercy's books in hardcover.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 02:34:43 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, that means a lot to me.  I guess I will hold off on purchasing all of the hardcovers to see if the other two are released, because I would hate to have all hardcover and two in softcover.   :-\  I will just continue to check back for more information.  Thanks again.

Memnoch

• Tool Wrangler
Other books in hardcover?
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:25:43 am »
I just discovered you and love the series, I purchased the 3 hardcovers in the Mercy series but noticed books 2 and 3 were in paperback.   Is blood bound and Iron Kissed going to be released in hardcover?

how about any of your other books in hardcover?

Letitia

• Mechanic
Re: Other books in hardcover?
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:56 am »
Mike has previously answered this question - here is the link to that reply.  The gist being, if Moon Called sells well in hardback, then they might consider releasing Blood Bound and Iron Kissed in hardback as well. :)
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-        "MS. THOMPSON, it said in heavy block letters, PLEASE KEEP YOUR FELINE OFF MY PROPERTY. IF I SEE IT AGAIN, I WILL EAT IT."
    ¸.·´   .·´¨¨))     Adam Hauptman, Moon Called
  ((¸¸.·´  ¸.·´ -:¦:-                                               -:¦:-