Author Topic: Doctor Who/Torchwood  (Read 76832 times)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: How about Sarah Jane?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:53 am »
My son loves watching the Adventures of Sarah Jane with my wife. You just KNOW he's imagining mom and he fighting Slaveen's etc.

How about adding Sarah Jane to the thread?

eireson, you are welcome to start a new thread for teh Sarah Jane show. :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

octopippo

• Tool Wrangler
  • to la lune i bay, i howl, i sing
Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 12:57:50 am »
i loooove doctor who!!!!
this doctor #10 is my favorite. i grew up in the 80's so the only other doctor i remember is the one that wore the scarves and had curly hair...oh and doctor #9 of course.

oh so sad about torchwood. i liked it and Cpt. jack harkness and gwen cooper and ianto. it was the doctor who unverse **whispers ** after dark

So who saw "Planet of the Dead"

also who do you think is going to be the next companion???
^_^

eireson

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 07:09:53 am »
The new companion is on the BBC website. She played the girl in the Pompeii episode.
What's so sad about Torchwood?
Only one more regenerations left. But if the Master can cheat, why not him?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:21:34 am »
I thought there was 13 generations left? David Tennant was the tenth doctor ;D
The new guy is 11th doctor ;D

Better not say anything about Torchwood unless using spoiler tags because the US hasnt seen Torchwood: Children of Earth.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

octopippo

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 12:08:27 pm »
i didnt know he could only go to 13.

also idk if torchwood shows out here in the states.

girl from pompeii episode huh. i will check that out.

you know who my fav. companion was: donna noble
^_^

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »
Yep BBC America will be showing Torchwood I think this weekend not sure but if not the DVDs should follow straight after :D

I love Donna Noble! Its rumoured that her granddad is going to be a companion in one of the specials and she will also make an appearance along with Rose and the human doctor.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

octopippo

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »
Yep BBC America will be showing Torchwood I think this weekend not sure but if not the DVDs should follow straight after :D

I love Donna Noble! Its rumoured that her granddad is going to be a companion in one of the specials and she will also make an appearance along with Rose and the human doctor.

wicked awesome. i guess thats why donna noble is slated to episodes cuz of her gramps.

they also need to bring back the doctors daughter, which if you think about it she is actually more like his sister. twin sister really.
^_^

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:32 pm »
I loved Donna Noble and her Granddad. :D
And yep, I've been waiting for his daughter to show up the whole last season...

eireson

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »
Donna Noble? Agreed. Strongest actress=strongest companion. Plus, when was the last time a companion was funny? Definate snappy repartee'.
Torchwood DVD is due out on Netflix 7/28. Its in my cue. I prefer it in DVD.

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »
I grew up a Who girl :D Love the new Who but I'm real ready to be done with RTD. If I never see another Dalek or Cyberman it will be too soon.  Moffat has always done my favorite eps. I wished we'd had another year with Ten and Moffat but it's not to be.

On Torchwood. Even if you don't usually do spoilers, in this case I think it would be bad to go in Virgin. I got inadvertently spoiled for Day 4 and spoiled myself on purpose for Day 5. I didn't take it well, but it would have been much worse if I'd not been forewarned. 

octopippo

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 08:48:13 pm »
oyu know one of my favorite episodes is the one with agatha christie. for some reason i could always watch that one over and over. also its one of the few episodes with a costume change for the companion.

theres isn't really any merchandising here in the staes cuz its a UK show apart from a few action figures but does anyone know if theres like a plsuhie or a vynil figure or something of those little babies made out of fat. they were super awesome
^_^

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:33 am »
We haz spoiler tags!!! [ spoiler]Your spoiler goes here.[ /spoiler] - Just close the gaps in the in the brackets!

But for Torchwood-
Killing off Ianto and Jack's grandson- I went Noooooo. I can understand why they did it but I felt especially that making Jack do that just went against his whole belief system and I just dont think he would have done that

Its also rumoured that Moffat will have Daleks in the 5th season I saw a mention of this in a Dr Who board but not sure if this was genuine or nor but I hear that next week they will start shooting the season so spoilers will leak :D.

Vinity

• Mechanic
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 08:03:51 am »
NOOOOOOO!!!!

:( No more Daleks!! It doesn't seem Moffat's style but I guess SOME {I don't know any} expect Doctor Who to have at least one Dalek story a series. I look forward to Moffat because I think nearly everyone of my favorite story lines has been written by him. He does such an elegant job with his big bads and he doesn't rely so heavily on low cost {all the BBC can afford} CGI. Who is always best in my opinion when it allows the viewer to participate in making the bad guy scary. A statue in the garden, shadows not behaving properly, a kid in a gas mask, are you my mummy? all these things are so ordinary and he's made them scary as hell!! Brilliant!   

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 08:09:48 am »
I loved Blink!
That ep was seriously scary and it made me jump- I have a good feeling with Moffat as well. Really am looking forward to the new series although I will be sad when David Tennant leaves :(

Pfefferminztee

• Mechanic
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 08:20:17 am »
Yep, Blink was scary but also sad. I mean, everytime yomeone sees you, you become stone. How lonely that must be...