Author Topic: Doctor Who/Torchwood  (Read 76607 times)

Gabriel

• Grease Monkey
Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 07:34:16 am »
The ending to season four was the one of the best season final from tv series

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 09:17:27 am »
I'm confused.  Torchwood hasn't had four seasons yet (unless I missed something?) and Doctor Who has had a whole lot more than four seasons.  Which one do you mean?
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 10:09:16 am »
I think he meant Doctor Who- The last full series was series 4 and I agree that finale was fantastic.
I came across this today- More David Tennant!!! :D

David Tennant is to appear as the Time Lord in Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC has announced.
Tennant, 38, will appear over two episodes of a new 12-part series of the CBBC show, which starts in September.
Russell T Davies, executive producer of The Sarah Jane Adventures and Doctor Who, said it would be a "full on appearance" and "not just a cameo".
The show follows the adventures of the investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith - a former Doctor's companion.
Smith is played by actress Elisabeth Sladen, 61, who also played the character in Doctor Who opposite Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker between 1973 and 1976.
'Special treat'
Sladen said she was "absolutely over the moon" to be co-starring alongside Tennant.
"It's fantastic news that Sarah Jane is going to spend some time working with the Doctor again and is testament to just how successful this CBBC series is."
Davies said: "Viewers thought they may have to wait until November for the next full episode of Doctor Who, but this is an extra special treat.
"And it's not just a cameo from David.
"This is a full-on appearance for the Doctor as he and Sarah Jane face their biggest threat ever."
The third series of The Sarah Jane Adventures will feature monsters who want to infect earth and a "living painting".
Tennant is being replaced as Doctor Who by actor Matt Smith, 26, who will appear as the 11th Doctor next year.
Tennant will firstly appear in three specials, starting with The Waters of Mars in November.
Meanwhile, Doctor Who may be heading for the big screen after a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development".
BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba said there were no guarantees a film would be made and that, if the project went into full production, a release would be a long time away.

Source

Doctor Who Movie in Development

As discussed at the end of the last article. Lizo Mzimba tweeted about the prospective movie

'BBC Films have confirmed a Dr Who film script is in development. But IF it does go into full production that's likely to be some time away.'

'So, to be clear, it's not guaranteed a Dr Who movie will be made. All BBC Films are doing is developing a script, before making a decision.'

'Development - things like commissioning a script, exploring casting, seeing if financially it's possible to go ahead.'

This follows Russell T. Davis' agent listing a movie in his credits online, it was promptly removed.

Source

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/35548269.html

There is also a rumour that David Tennant is going to star in the movie if it does go through and gets greenlighted and i saw the entry for on RTD's CV sheet before it was removed - I think there is a good chance of this happening.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 10:27:30 am »
That's very cool news, Has. 

I guess I'm just showing my age.  :P  Doctor Who has been around since the early sixties (with at least one movie that I know of, already), and so I consider it as having had a great many more than four seasons/series.  Plus, I still have a sneaking fondness for the Tom Baker Doctor.  ;)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 10:31:02 am »
Hey I still remember some of the older doctors ;)
Although the one I have a very clear memory is Sylvester McCoy's doctor and his assistant Ace. I was really disappointed when they axed the show and was ecstatic when they brought it back!

The movie was okay - the problem was it didnt really feel like Doctor Who.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:17 am »
No it didn't, did it?  I have better expectations for this one, if it happens.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:34 am »
I think there might be a good chance of this happening- you have reboots successfully kickstarting static franchises. And although Doctor Who is a cult show I can see it having a wide appeal plus its embedded in popular culture so thats another factor. At least the people behind this show is linked with producing the series unlike what they are planning to do with Buffy :P - No Joss or original cast but they are remaking the movie.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 10:44:23 am »
Oh, you're kidding.  The Kristy Swanson movie?  They're remaking it?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:07 am »
Yup let me find the site where I saw this and post it on the Buffy thread before I get axe treatment from Charmed :P :D

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 02:37:03 pm »
Did someone call my name? :P

I was watching the original "Land of the Lost" tv series yesterday and the bad guys, a reptilian race, reminded me very much of aliens I've seen on Doctor Who.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Jazzlet

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 08:58:54 am »
They say you can tell someone's age by which is their favourite Docotor ;)

I'm a Jon Pertwee fan myself, that era gave us some classic lines

Major Lethbrige-Stuart to some squaddies who are being approached by a menacing gargoyle that has come to life and climbed down off a church roof ...
'stone chappie there, fire at will'

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 09:05:54 am »
I think before David Tennant it was Peter Davidson although that was first Doctor I could remember. And it was one of my earliest memories watching him on telly on a Saturday afternoon :D

By the way it looks like the movie is being pushed ahead- The BBC has confirmed reports that they are commissioning a script for big screen version although details about who is writing and what doctor starring is still murky.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a157234/bbc-confirms-doctor-who-movie-plans.html

Jazzlet

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 11:57:38 am »
Children of the Earth part one last night  :o it really got my adrenalin going, loved it ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 12:46:50 pm »
Me wants!!!!

eireson

• Grease Monkey
How about Sarah Jane?
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 07:59:14 pm »
My son loves watching the Adventures of Sarah Jane with my wife. You just KNOW he's imagining mom and he fighting Slaveen's etc.

How about adding Sarah Jane to the thread?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:01:36 pm by eireson »