Author Topic: Doctor Who/Torchwood  (Read 70566 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Doctor Who/Torchwood
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:43:29 am »
I cant believe there isnt a thread for Doctor Who and Torchwood and in the original tv thread this was the reason why we have this section :P

But I came across this goodie today - although it was originally shown during Children In Need fundraising special.
Its the first 2 mins of the XMas special and it looks like the Doctor has either come across an impostor or his future self!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYRO-q4GTM
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

caerali

• Grease Monkey
Re: Doctor Who/Torchwood
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:32:49 am »
I'm a nerd I suppose, I love Torchwood.  Brit tv is filmed differently then American stuff, so I think it's why it's not as popular here.  Not that I care. ;)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:14:25 am »
Well its confirmed - Matt Smith is the new Doctor. Hes the youngest ever cast in the role. I know some fans arent pleased but he looks interesting and although I will miss David Tennant I have a good feeling about this choice. More info on him here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/partyanimals/danny_foster.shtml
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

cherie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:20:45 am »
BBC News report
Wiki Entry

You beat me to it on here! I've managed to be the first to post the news on 3 forums, and you spoilt my run! lol

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:22:52 am »
:D :D :D
LOL
I think the net is jumping right now with the news!!!
On another site some members were moaning but I have seen the actor in several roles and I do like him and with Steven Moffat behind the reigns I think season 5 will be fantastic.

cherie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:26:57 am »
I've not actually watched the other things that he's been in, so he's pretty much an unknown to me. To be honest, I prefer it that way. If they had cast a more established actor in the role, I think it would be more difficult to believe in him as The Doctor.

We've still got 4 specials with David Tennant, and won't get the next series until 2010, so there's plenty of time to get used to the idea.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:31:57 am »
I totally agree- Although Christopher Eccleston was great in reintroducing the doctor. Many forget that David Tennant was also semi unknown as well- And those same people were moaning about Catherine Tate as a companion and I think she was one of the best yet :D

There is also the Torchwood special mini later in the year as well - That will help with the wait ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:00:56 am »
Hey Torchwood fans guess what I came across today :D
Torchwood's season 3  for the US and its great news!!!

I don't think the following Torchwood information has been reported elsewhere, but BBC America president Garth Ancier is here in Los Angeles for the Television Critics Association January tour and after he presented panels for BBC America's latest offerings, I had the chance to ask him if he had an air date for Torchwood: Children of Earth on BBCA. He didn't yet have a firm air date as BBC America is waiting for the BBC to finalize their date, but he was fairly certain that it was going to be the first part of this summer, possibly late June or early July.

He also said that not only would BBC America air the five episodes on consecutive nights as they are doing across the pond, but that they would also air in th U.S. the same day as they did in the U.K. meaning American audiences will have almost no lag time in seeing the series. (The U.K. is five hours ahead of the east coast of the U.S meaning the delay should be about that give or take). Ancier said the series might also air in High Definition, a first for BBCA.

Summer can't get here soon enough!

I actually heard that it was going to be Spring for Torchwood's airdate in the UK  but it looks like they have pushed that forward. But its good to see that they will be airing it the same time as the UK ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:56 am »
Torchwood Children of Earth trailer!!!!

Cant wait :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AizV9vmGG0

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »
Love it!  Thanks Has!  :D  I can't wait, either.  ;D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:46 am »
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/33741187.html

New Doctor Who trailer for the upcoming Easter special. It looks like Doctor Who meets Pitch Black :D

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 01:30:11 pm »
Well, well.
Having seen a few ep's of Torchwood I begin to wonder why I watch that show.
It holds all the charme and fascination of a train wreck for me, most of the time I don't like the characters and the whole show is way to much obsessed with sex.

I do like the concept, but the execution irks me.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 02:10:32 pm »
The first season of Torchwood was hit and miss and there was definitely too much emphasis on sex because I think the producers wanted to let the audience know that this show was for adults and the story telling and characterisation was affected because of this. But in the second season it def improved - the latter half of the season is pretty heartbreaking and its interesting to note that in many ways Torchwood has toned down alot of the sex and swearing so it can reach a wider audience.
Stick with it! I cant wait for the mini series thats out this summer looks great :D

alan

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 02:22:20 pm »
I love Doctor Who i've only seen a few episodes cause its on so late here but i love them!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 12:30:08 pm »
I came across this link today which made my day if its true- but it looks like that RTD hasnt given up the reigns from Doctor Who just yet. Some sharp eyed fans have noticed that he's working on a movie  but the that entry was removed on his page so there might be credence to the story!

The cache page of the interesting entry-
RTD's CV page