Author Topic: LA Banks  (Read 6437 times)

JulieP

• Tool Wrangler
    • JuliePoole.com
LA Banks
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
Just finished reading her book "Bad Blood" Which is the first in the Crimson Moon series.  I really liked it.  Read it quickly and it was a fun read.  My husband is on the way to the bookstore to pick me up "Bite the Bullet"  and my daughter an "Amber Brown" book(she is 8)  What a great guy :)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: LA Banks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:01 pm »
I love to hear about members who have/are guys like that!
Repeat after me; 'Amber Brown is not a crayon.'
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:22:26 pm »
i really liked the first books of her vampire huntress series but sorta started to lose interest after the 3rd book

mdauben

• Tinker
  • Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »
i really liked the first books of her vampire huntress series but sorta started to lose interest after the 3rd book
I started reading the first book, but ended up never finishing it.  For some reason I just never warmed up to the characters and the story could not hold my interest.  :-\
Mike

"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful."

emmad

• Tinker
    • JDK Lodge
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:27 pm »
I've just bought minion, the awakening and the hunted secondhand so hopefully I'll enjoy them :)

esiders

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:45:52 pm »
I'm about halfway through Minion, so far I am liking it.  Very interested in seeing how the Vampire Huntress world evolves.

esiders

• Tinker
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:23:20 am »
OK...I've given up on this series.  It took me two weeks to finish book 3 and I was very confused.  Started reading the 4th book anyway...got discouraged and took it back to the library.  Oh well...

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 08:13:52 pm »
Hmm, looks like this thread answers my question. I was going to ask if the Vampire Huntress series gets any better since I'm having issues even getting halfway through the first one (Minion)...

My biggest issue, besides just not getting the worldbuilding, was that I hate it when the narration in 3rd pers POV is so full of local slang that it becomes another language. Conversations in local slang is fine, but not the whole book!  >:(
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden