Author Topic: Cancelled shows, now on scifi/dvd.  (Read 22764 times)

Sadie

• Grease Monkey
Re: Cancelled shows, now on scifi/dvd.
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2011, 05:49:41 am »
Yup, I'm definitely a Browncoat. Love my "Big damn heroes" so very much!

Sadie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 08:27:59 am »
I know there's not a Firefly thread and I'm hesitant to start one because perhaps it's been discussed to death here.

Not sure if this belongs here but have you head of the fan made "sequel" to Serenity/Firefly titled Browncoats: Redemption? It's out on DVD and BluRay but only available for purchase for a short time. Adam Baldwin makes a cameo.  *squee* I'm definitely checking it out.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 11:30:31 am »
We did have a Josh Whedon thread but it petered out. Feel free to start a Firefly/Serenity thread. If you do I'll just split off these posts and add it to the new one. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »
When I was little my whole family watched the show Earth 2.  People colonize a new planet and have to learn to deal with the resident sentient species.  Supposedly you can find the episodes online free somewhere, but I can't find them.  It's out on DVD but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a show I only remember bits and pieces of.  On the other hand, it's the only show I actually remember watching as a whole family, for the entire season, until high school at least. So it can't have been bad.

Janilee

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2011, 12:11:46 am »
Earth 2 was interesting in a high tech pioneering sort of way. Lots of back story to delve into. Hints of an overall industrial conspiracy. And lots of people with twisted complicated personal histories. Basic premise, the first people sent to colonize a planet mis their landing target. Not everyone survives. They scramble what they can to get to the initial proposed landing site to prepare for the ships that are following. They discover among other things that there are natives to the planet living there, that their ship might have been sabotaged, and that they are not the first humans there. There was even a little time travel.

victorymon

• Pack Member
  • It wasnt me this time... I swear!
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:41 pm »
Terminator SCC season 1 and 2
...I cant believe that they stopped after season 2. the ending was a paradox  ???
Hey everyone, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
Re: Books, movies, and charactors/actors you liked as kids.
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 06:50:55 am »
Anyone still interested?
*CarolKat - Housecleaning Mod*

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
I've taken advantage of my Netflix streaming to watch two series lately.  One of them was a re-watch, but the other was a watch-new.

SURFACE -- Great sci-fi show from 2005 about a new amphibious species and the havoc it was wreaking on the ecosystem.  Loved it when it came on back then and have thought about it often during the last 6 years.  Such a disappointment to me that NBC cancelled this series after just one season.  Boo...hiss!  Especially because things were just starting to get good!

SURVIVORS -- This was a BBC show from 2008, and it was a remake of an earlier (1975) version of the same show.  I loved this show!  If you don't know....  It takes place in England following an outbreak of flu that kills 99% of the world's population.  The series focuses on the survivors who are left, as they come together to carve out a new life.  It's kind of philosophical in a way:  can past sins be forgotten? if society had an opportunity to start completely over, how would it fare? There was a good blending of the light and dark, human and inhumane.  I tell you what, though, there's one character in the show -- the female government minister -- who catapulted to the top of my Most Hated Characters list.  Her vile hypocrisy had me seething.  LOVED this series!
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2018, 08:51:41 pm »
It just occurred to me that the artwork of Honor Harrington looks a heck of a lot like Commander Susan Ivanova on Babylon 5.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2018, 11:09:04 pm »
Would be interesting to know who or what the artist's inspirations were.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2018, 02:27:11 pm »
That show had lots of interesting back stories.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2019, 10:39:33 am »
 :D I like the idea.

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2019, 11:40:09 am »
Never saw the show, and now I'm kind of sorry. Always thought Scott Bakula was hot though.