Author Topic: Cancelled shows, now on scifi/dvd.  (Read 22765 times)

Damnd of Hell

• Grease Monkey
Cancelled shows, now on scifi/dvd.
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:46:48 pm »
We've all come to know them.  The shows that where cancelled only after a season or showing, but are now hits on the scifi channel and or dvd.   Which one's do you like?  For me it's...

Kindered:the embrace

what's your's? 
It does not matter wheater one comes from the upper or lower ranks, if you have not placed your life on the line at least once, there is cause for shame.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Cancelled shows, now on scifi/dvd.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:47:50 pm »
Misfits of Science, for shorter ones.  Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Damnd of Hell

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 10:09:05 pm »
Can't forget 

Wolf Creek.
Dresden files
Forever Knight.
It does not matter wheater one comes from the upper or lower ranks, if you have not placed your life on the line at least once, there is cause for shame.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:19:20 pm »
How about the very cheesy "Manimal"?
Oh, "Man from Atlantis"!

Damnd of Hell

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:56:25 pm »
Very bad, bad, bad BAD!!! shows.

Waiting for Blood ties, and Moonlight to hit the scifi.  Just wish there was more werewolf stories. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:02:45 am »
Now you've got me wracking my brain.  I keep thinking there was a show, late 70s, early 80s about a well intentioned werewolf.

Damnd of Hell

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 12:09:33 am »
There was one when Fox was first started.  It lasted only two seasons or so.  I think called Werewolf.  Bad effects  but a good story. 

Damnd of Hell

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 12:24:21 am »
One of the problems with these stories, is that there is no resalution.  They stop abruptly, and have no ending.  There's now a rule going around, that 'all' series must have an end story shot.  No matter if it's canceled after one show, or several years.   There will no longer be no resalutions to stories.   This way there won't be any excessive fan outrage over years.   Especially when the show caneled is in the top ratings. 

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 02:30:50 am »
Can't forget 
Wolf Creek.
That's the show with that Werewolf Village?
Or was that Wolf Lake? I downloaded it, but didn't get round to watch it yet and after reading that it apparently ends with a cliffhanger I'm not sure if I should. :P

Oh, "Man from Atlantis"!
I loved that show, I hope it comes out on DVD some day.
But then I'm reliable to be to cheap to buy it eventhough I want it, just like with Bewitched. :D

Actually I can't think of a cancelled show that later became a fave of mine, I guess Firefly would if I ever got round to watch it. So far only saw the first two episodes and thought them to be much better than the movie was.

Surface comes to mind as a cancelled show, loved the first ep's because they reminded me of V-The Last Battle in their spirit, but that show got so lame later on that I was glad when it was over.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:08:49 am by Gerd D. »
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:02:29 am »
Oh I really liked Wolf Lake! It had great actors and it had a very sexy undertone. Thought it was brilliant and they canceled it! :(
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 08:24:36 am »
Can't forget 

Wolf Creek.
Dresden files
Forever Knight.

Wolf Creek really grew on me (just in time for them to cancel it).  And Forever Knight is an old favorite. Loved that show. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 02:48:44 pm »
I adored Man from Atlantis.

There was a British show, I don't know the name, and sadly only saw a couple of episodes, comedy/drama, like "Red Dwarf" where there were a pair of private eyes; one got killed, and the other was struggling to go on when he discovered he could (at least some times) see & speak with the ghost of his partner, who could do wicked surveillance, not being visible to those they watched.

emmad

• Tinker
    • JDK Lodge
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 02:54:37 pm »
must say I've never heard of any of these lol

horsehearted

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:11 pm »
The Dresden Files were awesome.... i missed them on tv but caught them on hulu.com!! yay for hulu!! not entirely true to the books, but what is?

Suzi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 05:01:23 pm »
"Randal and Hopkirk Deceased" is the one with the dead partner.  Have you seen the original with Kenneth Cope, or the more recent Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer remake? I like Red Dwarf too.