Author Topic: Will there be any hunters in your books?  (Read 4308 times)

dragonfly702

• Tool Wrangler
Will there be any hunters in your books?
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:09:32 am »
When I say hunters I don't mean like Big game hunters, I was thinking more along the line of Vampier/Werewolf hunter. Not a half Vampier, or a werewolf hunter, but a mortal who knows there secret and has made it his or her life gole to keep people safe from the things that go bump in the night.

I Role Play,D&D, Whitewolf and when we RP a vampier game. I just love the thought of a once normal mortal who ends up hunting down the vampier or other monster that wronged him, and the story becomes even better in my mind when the hunter ends up having to work with or for Werewolfs, or Vampiers, to hunt down roges, or other monsters.

Sorry to Babble, but I was wondering if you were going to put a hunter in to any of your books, or wright a book about them, becuse it seams to be so rare when you find a book about an human vampier hunter, Especuly when they have been given gifts to help them in there fight...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:54:41 pm by Elle »
"Someone out there is carring a bullet for you right now,the trick is to die befor it finds you" Mal "Firefly"

Shadowdaughter

Re: Will there be any hunters in your books?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:39:21 am »
I have been wondering about that too. It seems kind of "lurking in the corners", since not all people tend to be overjoyed with the fae and the weres around them. One, two or a bunch of them must have had the thought to do some "serious" hunting, don't they?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
Well there are anti fae groups who I also presume will be anti werewolves as well and anything else they deem supernatural and dangerous. I also wonder now that the weres are out - that other people will question if other other supernaturals exists like vamps and ghosts etc....

So I bet there might be hunters  especially hunting a werewolf!

But I bet the governement will want to register werewolves like they did with the fae but I can see them hiring the weres because they could be useful especially in combat and other military/security jobs.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

dragonfly702

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:44 am »
Yeah that could be cool... But I like the loan hunter idea... Maybe one who knows his targets as well as they do.
"Someone out there is carring a bullet for you right now,the trick is to die befor it finds you" Mal "Firefly"

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »
See the "Fair Game" thread for information on this; further, note that it is mentioned that David Christiansen, the first werewolf outed dealt with someone who was playing "big game hunter" on werewolves, in one book.

Patti L.,
Busymoddy.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.