Author Topic: Jocelynn Drake  (Read 5416 times)

mdauben

• Tinker
  • Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Jocelynn Drake
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:55:20 pm »
I just finished a book by a new author titled Nightwalker.  Its the first book in a new urban fantasy series about a 600 year old vampire named Mira who is involved in an ancient battle between the vampires and the "naturi" or sidhe.  These are not your tree-hugging elves, though.  They are a race of blood thristy killers intent on not only destroying the vampires, but all of humantity, too.

I found the book exciting and well written (the latter being a quality lacking in a number of books I have read recently) and the characters interesting and likeable.  Althought there are hints of sex and romance in this first book, its very low key and mostly action and drama so far. 

Definetly worth checking out if you are looking for something new.  ;)
Mike

"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful."

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Jocelynn Drake
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:25:43 pm »
I finished this one last night. It's a nice switch from the hero being the vampire and the heroine being the human ... not that the hero is entirely what he seems to be. This book barely has a hint of romance in it and I like that. Overall I really liked this book.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:32:07 pm »
I just requested it from my library, it shoudl be here next week.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:02:18 pm »
I am very interested in the next one.  The author took a different path then the one I expected which in this case was good :)

kimluvs2read

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 04:51:59 am »
I read the first few chapters of this on the EOS website, it seems pretty good. I went ahead and ordered the books from Amazon.com, of course I have to finish re-reading the Rachel Morgan and the Dresden Files series before I can start a new one. Boy have I got to find more time to read!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:24:58 am »
I am looking forward to the next book too. :)