Author Topic: Interaction between series  (Read 24503 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Interaction between series
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:44:06 am »
I hope there is a little interaction.... not to much, but some.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

SF

• Tool Wrangler
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:37:01 am »
It would great to at least have Mercy meet Anna I would love to see that
"Don't laugh at live dragons" - Bilbo Baggins

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:47:56 pm »
ooooh....
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 04:59:33 pm »
Apparently in the May chat Patricia wrote: I don't know if Mercy will show up in the Charles and Anna books. Just getting started with the first one :-P

However, that was a few months ago, so maybe she's thought on it a bit more.  I think she said she'd like to in a later chat, but I can't find it now. :P
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

jenglows

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »
I think that there would have to be some interaction because the characters are so closely involved.  Both Bran and Charles were in MC and BB, so I'm sure there will be overlap somewhere.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:43:22 pm »
to some extent overlap is unavoidable... in the exerpt I read, Charles mentions both Sam and Bran, so some one is going to show up.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 06:10:41 pm »
And he is so.... normal seeming ;D, you would never guess that he controls the US were population :o...

Cole

• Tool Wrangler
  • Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen
Re: Interaction between series
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 07:23:10 pm »
Patty never said anything about Anna in the Mercy series i dont think

There is no place like /~

deva

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:25 pm »
I can't really remember, but I don't think BB mentions Charles going to Chicago or anything that happened there and I do not recall Anna or an Omega being alluded to in either BB or MC.  Towards the end of MC Bran does mention Charles in Chicago though and confirms to Mercy that it was Leo's pack that had changed Mac.  He also mentions to Mercy that Charles was unable to speak with Leo's second as he had left town (a bit different from the story in Alpha and Omega, but oh well no biggie) At least I think that is what I remember of that conversation.
In AO Sam is mentioned and Bran does make an appearance, my favorite of him so far.   :D
I am pretty sure Patty mentioned in some other discussion that Mercy will not make an appearance in at least the first Charles/Anna book though she may be mentioned.  She does say that Sam will make an appearance in the Charles/Anna books.  (This is what led me to believe Mercy's choice is Adam but I digress).
I look forward to more Bran though since he is the Marrok and the Charles/Anna series should be more about the Pack rather than about someone avoiding the Pack.   ;)

Cole

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:21 pm »
i wonder if Anna will transfer to the Marrok Pack

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:13:50 pm »
This is Patty.  Mike let out a hoot of glee and said, "They caught you!"  So I came running.
But I don't think so  ;D
I haven't looked it up (and I'm making dinner (at 9pm our time, poor kids) ) but if it reads that Charles hadn't been able to contact Leo's second (and  I think that's right), it is certainly true.  Remember Leo's official second is one of the wolves that Leo killed.
 -- Patty -- She who is going to have to keep on her toes to keep up with you folks!
Where's my super-suit?

Cole

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:48:39 pm »
thanks for clarifying

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 03:40:35 pm »
It occurrs to me that whoever Mercy chooses, (if she does indeed pick a were, heh heh) she would then be under the Marrok's authority for real.  And that would make her available (supposedly, she'll still have her coyote sneaky self will) to go places & find out things for Bran.  There are plenty of places where a coyote can slip in & out but even the smallest (adult, anyway, what about Kara?) werewolf couldn't.  And people who might be on the lookout for the (now known to exist) werewolves wouldn't think to look twice at a coyote.  Her lack of vulnerability to silver wouldn't hurt any either.  She, Anna, & Charles, with their non-standard abilities would make quite a team of investigators/agents provocateur.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:28 pm »
If you think about it Mercy is more vurnable to silver than the werewolves are because it just slows how fast werewolves heal.  So they'll probably still be faster healers.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:51 pm »
I may be wrong, Iris, but I don't think she's MORE vulnerable to silver.  No, she doesn't heal any faster than a normal human the way werewolves do, but it doesn't poison her to even touch, the way it does weres.  Or have you forgotten her little lamb?  Silver, if I'm not mistaken.  And if I am, then there's still the silver on the harness Stefan strapped her into at the beginning of Blood Bound. 
As far as I can see, for Mercy, shot is shot, lead, silver, copper, or depleted uranium. 
If the bullet stays in a were, he/she will die of silver poisoning.  Mercy won't.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.