Author Topic: Interaction between series  (Read 22585 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: A&O/Mercy Thompson Character & Book Crossovers
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:12 am »
I agree. A scene would be neat, but I wouldn't want it to be a whole book or even all that important to the plot.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 10:18:49 am »
Joining the club here too. I think its nicer to have quieter scenes or short story or supporting cameo. But I cant see it working in a crossover book especially when you want to develop characters/plot points.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:32 pm »
I'm one reader who's not particularly interested in a crossover book.  I would have no problem with a couple scenes here or there, included in either series, or a short story in an anthology, or even a freebie scene posted here at Hurog.  But a whole crossover book?  Nah.

Yep, I agree also. :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 02:51:14 pm »
I could see maybe Charles and Anna stopping for a night on the way through to somewhere else. Or maybe a brief cameo at Mercy and Adam's wedding.
Wait I just remembered don't they have to do the full moon ceremony or is that just for wolves?
Would they have to go to Bran for that? I could see a brief encounter then.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 03:33:59 pm »
That would be a great idea!  I like it.  I would like to see Boyd and Anna cross paths again too!  I'd like to see how she might handle facing a tormentor like that now that she's overcoming all her fears!

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:08 am »
I'm one reader who's not particularly interested in a crossover book.  I would have no problem with a couple scenes here or there, included in either series, or a short story in an anthology, or even a freebie scene posted here at Hurog.  But a whole crossover book?  Nah.

Me too.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 01:46:17 pm »
I'm one reader who's not particularly interested in a crossover book.  I would have no problem with a couple scenes here or there, included in either series, or a short story in an anthology, or even a freebie scene posted here at Hurog.  But a whole crossover book?  Nah.

Me too.
Me three.  I really want to see how Mercy and Anna react to each other... but I think it would be overwhelming to have the both of them together for an entire book.  Not that it couldn't be done well, but there are a lot of drawbacks/issues, and it just isn't necessary... but a short story, or having Anna and Charles come to Adam and Mercy's wedding, or something like that, would be awesomeness. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 01:47:44 pm »
Oh, how about Charles conducting the full moon mate ritual?
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »
Eery.  Really eery.  LOL
I'm not looking it up (I have to make curtains tonight, and instead I'm online...) but I think Charles is one wolf who really does kind of freak Mercy out.  She knows how to deal with just about all of them, up to and including Bran himself... but Charles I think kind of throws her off.  

Anyway I think I originally got this impression from Moon Called but it was reinforced in SB where Mercy is talking to Charles on the phone and notes how he ALWAYS speaks very deliberately, instead of relying on nonverbal cues when in person.  On the other hand, I also think that talking to Charles about Sam might have helped Mercy see him as a little bit more of a "regular guy" (and that's "regular guy" for someone who hangs out with the top-ranked werewolves in the USA, and has in general an irregular, exciting life).

Other than that, yeah, Charles conducting the ritual? Awesomeness.  ( :-whistle Spooooooooooooky!)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 01:58:46 pm »
He doesn't just "hang out with", he IS one of the top ranked.  And she did learn something about mechanic work from him, when she wreaked Bran's Porsche, remember?

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 02:16:56 pm »
I meant Mercy hangs out with the top ranked. 
And just because Bran made him teach Mercy to fix cars, doesn't mean she was comfortable around him.  I was scared to death of the woman who taught me how to run the one line of the factory I worked at (for a whole two weeks... and then I got a better job with better hours and better pay). 

I don't think she's actively scared of him, just that he kind of makes her uncomfortable because, lets face it, he's a little different.  Like I said, she knows how to deal with just about all of the other wolves, but Charles is hard for her to read. 

Ah, here it is, pg 84 in MC... Mercy tells Charles that Mac "was a good man"
The following paragraph, she says she "always thought he rather despised" her, even though he treated her the same way he treated everybody else.  It seems to throw her off when he offers her comfort instead of just leaving. 

dixiehellcat

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »
I have to say, instead of Mercy & Anna in trouble & the guys looking for them, what I've always wished for is sort of the other way round...maybe Charles & Samuel off doing something brotherly & get into a pickle, Mercy goes after Sam & meets up with Anna looking for Charles, and they join forces. Their talents are different enough, but they have some similarities--spunky, wry sense of humor, loyal to those they care for.
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Jax

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »
I like that idea! It would be neat to see the brothers work together, or get in trouble together.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 06:28:19 pm »
Question of what would catch them, that the girls could get them out of...
Something needing kindness, immunity to silver, the ability to get into a small space, maybe music and a steady head?

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
greylord fae needing harem of Males
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General