Author Topic: Interaction between series  (Read 22578 times)

jenniwee

• Mechanic
Re: Interaction between series
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 06:48:49 pm »
I think the issue is less her vulnerability to silver (or lack thereof) than her excessive vulnerability to bullets and knives.  Unless Patty changes certain aspects of Mercy's abilities, she doesn't have the super healing the weres enjoy.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 08:15:41 pm »
Well, she's no more vulnerable than any normal human usually, & less so as a coyote simply because a smaller target is harder to hit.
Although, come to think of it, does that mean that if she's shot in that form (or cut, etc.) & changes back, the wound expands to match her rise in mass?  Does that give her a greater chance of bleeding to death?  Hmm.  Now you've got me. :D
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 11:22:42 am »
I think they would expand...In BB when she turned back to human after she went out with Stephen, wasnt she covered in bruises and stuff?  So if they didnt expand she would of had a lot less.
Sorry its kinda hard to put what Im thinking into words :S

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:09 pm »
You're right, Iris.  The proportion of the injury is the same from one shape to the other.  If she for instance burned (owowowowow) all the skin off a paw as a coyote, she'd burn all the skin off the hand as a human.

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »
You know, its kinda funny, because in one book I read a character got stabbed, and they transformed him to something larger so his wound would be proportionately smaller on him (just a flesh wound rather than a blood-gusher).
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

ladylynx

• Mechanic
A&O/Mercy Thompson Character & Book Crossovers
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 11:09:03 am »
Mike, Your comment about Anna and Mercy being in the same novel would be an interesting concept. Anna is more reserve and cautious about things, where Mercy jumps head first into things mostly. I think Anna would have a calming affect on Mercy as well. Anna doesn't really go looking for a fight or any thing. She only gets her defenses up when someone picks on Charles or tries to kill her. Mercy, well she lives up to the mystical nature of the coyote. She is chaos on four legs. She doesn't need to look for trouble,Cause trouble seems to know where she is at all times.

Putting the two of them together and in some sort of trouble, where their respected mates would have to find them would be a good story line. It would be neat to see Charles and Adam working together to find their mates and swapping stories about them. Comparing the two of them.

I figure by the time the plot is revealed, both women would have defeated their foes and begin waiting for the cavalry to come and  take them home or even join in the fight. Let the guys prove how they feel about people messing with their mates. Setting an example of don't mess with the BIG Dogs. No pun intended there. :)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:15:21 am by ladylynx »

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
Re: A&O/Mercy Thompson Character & Book Crossovers
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 01:40:47 pm »
Scspeakman took video of Patty at the March 30, 2010 signing at the University Bookstore in Seattle, WA.  In the question and answer period after the reading, she gave information about this possibility, whether Mercy and Anna will meet, have a book, or not.
Here I am quoting part of his post, including the link to the video in six parts from that night.

I had the pleasure of seeing Patricia at her Seattle WA stop on her Silver Borne tour.  I took video of it for Suvudu.com and today posted it!

You can watch six videos here:  http://www.suvudu.com/2010/04/video-patricia-briggs-event-33010.html

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 05:53:33 pm »
ACK! for some reason I can't get the volume to play.  WHAT DOES SHE SAY ABOUT A CROSS OVER!!! SOMEBODY TELL ME!!! PLEASE :)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 05:55:35 pm »
You need to have both your speakers & the Youtube player speakers cranked up.

Essentially "No book.  Maybe a short story, but more likely just a short scene posted here on Hurog."

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 05:59:19 pm »
Even with volume on all levels up, and earphones to get the sound close to my ears, I had trouble hearing her too. But she more or less said, she might include a scene where Anna and Mercy meet in a short story, or something just for the website, but she wasn't likely to include it in a novel.

wolverine

• Mechanic
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »
:(  

I understand that these are her characters and her work and she has every right to do with them what she wants to.  BUT!  I wonder why she wouldn't want to do something like when her fan base finds all of her characters soo compelling.  I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way....I"m just curious as to what she's thinking.  I will continue to support her work in any way that I can.  I will continue to be a huge fan of anything I can get my hands on!  I just wonder, is it more difficult to write so many strong characters together at once.....too time consuming...do writes feel like they are letting their audience guide the characters instead of creating their story on their own?

Any ideas Patti L?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 06:06:31 pm »
If you could hear that audio, you'd get it straight from her.
Partly it's the too many strong characters; she feels you would find too much 'her' in the story; and she knows that whatever she did, there would be disappointed readers.

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »
True!, but each of those characters have unique qualities about them, that would be interesting to see together. Charles and Adam working together to find or defend their mates. Plus, to prove that you don't mess with the BIG DOG'S. Anna proving that you don't pick on the Were-rabbit or her mate. (Sorry!, but I love that nick name for her. It's cute..:) )  Mercy doing her normal stuff of getting into trouble, like she always does.

Then at the end, the four of them coming together and doing the family bonding thing or Charles picking on Mercy for getting his poor wife into trouble... :)

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 09:35:17 am »
I'm one reader who's not particularly interested in a crossover book.  I would have no problem with a couple scenes here or there, included in either series, or a short story in an anthology, or even a freebie scene posted here at Hurog.  But a whole crossover book?  Nah.
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 09:54:05 am »
Make it two, Nifty.  I'm with you.  :)
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...