Author Topic: Are there two months a year when the new wolves are made?  (Read 5577 times)

Tarot

• Tool Wrangler
Are there two months a year when the new wolves are made?
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:08:16 am »
Patty,
I just got my copy of Cry Wolf and have burned through it.  It was so great, and I am about to go reread it!  I had one question about when the new wolves are Changed in the Marrok's Pack.  I read in Moon Called that they are changed in Oct. but in Cry Wolf its mentioned that the Change occurs in Feb.  Are there two months a year when the new wolves are made?

ETA: Edited for subject title change. Elle.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:47:20 pm by Elle »
The moon's an arrant thief, And her pale fire she snatches from the sun.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Are there two months a year when the new wolves are made?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »
Change is in October.  If I said differently in Cry Wolf -- I was wrong.  However the wolves have a limited time to control themselves and it might be (I'll check for sure) that February is the month that the ones who have not yet gained control of their wolf are executed.  If you can give me page numbers in Cry Wolf, I can either fix or tell you better what I was trying to say :)
Best,
Patty

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Are there two months a year when the new wolves are made?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »
Cry Wolf page 52:

"Carter could neither accept nor control the wolf inside. Had he been anyone else, he would have died in February with the others who failed the Change."

I read that as:

Quote from: Patty Briggs
However the wolves have a limited time to control themselves and it might be (I'll check for sure) that February is the month that the ones who have not yet gained control of their wolf are executed.

Best,
Elle

Hurog Means Dragon.