Author Topic: Review  (Read 8561 times)

Shy

• Tool Wrangler
Review
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:00:35 pm »
If anyone likes to read reviews Dear Author has a review up for Cry Wolf. Makes me want to read it even more. ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Review
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:30:46 pm »
I'm trying not to read any reviews but I had to jump over and have a quick look at the rating they gave Patty, I have no willpower.  :D Thanks for the heads up, Shy!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:39:25 pm »
Don't suppose you could provide a link?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:10:31 pm »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:15:51 pm »
Wasn't that a nice review.  It made Patty's day.  After all the problems the book gave her, it was great to hear that it was working . . .at least for some people.   One thing about the author gig, you quickly learn that there it's impossible to please everyone, and eventually quit worrying about it.    Thanks for posting it here -- that was very thoughtful. :)
Where's my super-suit?

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:14 pm »
I read it and really my "when August will come" got worse.

If the shipment is on 4th of August... (Breaking Dawn is with it)... and lately I get the books from Amazon.com in about 2 weeks.... it will be here by the 20th.... Oh!!!! I can't wait!!!

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:12:13 am »
Same for me here, white_unicorn - I'm pawing a huge hole in the ground!! But it'll be another ten days, approximately. *paw dig snort*

I also loved Our Hostess' Thank-you post, and the ones afterwards (last few comments)!! Very interesting information about Anna speaking latin... :)
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

bingomzan

• Grease Monkey
  • Wolf link is the ultimate werewolf!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 10:59:16 am »
CRY WOLF GOT 4TH ON THE NY TIMES BESTSELLER LIST FOR MASS MARKET PAPERBACK!!!!!!
***BONE CROSSED IS AMAZING!***   ***MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE FAE WALKING STICK!!!***

Important Event Log
***Patty's books are ANTIQUES***

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 11:22:38 am »
Yep.  There's a thread about it.  We're pretty pleased.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 07:57:08 am »
Ok, not an actual review but I was chatting with Kelley Armstrong on the 23rd and she mentioned that she loved Cry Wolf. :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:50 am »
Nifty!  So glad you got to talk to her & that she had good words.

Reptyle

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 06:30:59 pm »
Wasn't that a nice review.  It made Patty's day.  After all the problems the book gave her, it was great to hear that it was working . . .at least for some people.   One thing about the author gig, you quickly learn that there it's impossible to please everyone, and eventually quit worrying about it.    Thanks for posting it here -- that was very thoughtful. :)

Problems? With the book?? :o
Hear me my chiefs. I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I shall fight no more forever.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »
That's what you get for going AWOL, Reptyle, you don't have the gossip.
Mrs. Briggs had a lot of trouble working on "Cry Wolf" and "Bone Crossed" because she was in pain, she finally had to go for back surgery.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:56 pm »

Problems? With the book?? :o

She also had trouble just plain getting it done. This is from the website
Patty was up 'till about 5:00 am finishing yet another round of edits on Cry Wolf, a book I'm rapidly coming to hate. It's a zombie book. No, not a book about zombies (it's about werewolves and witches) but one that simply refuses to die. Patty has finished it and sent it away several times. All manuscripts come back for a few rounds of edits -- and usually edits are kind of fun. Polish a few things, add a few witty remarks, maybe correct a minor detail or two and send it off to the next bunch of editors. Not this one . . . it crawls home bearing the futile scratchings of the editing team and moans, "Heellllppp Meeee!" It's done that twice.

Patty took what was supposed to be a minor polish, and virtually re-wrote the book in a marathon series of twelve to sixteen hour days. She's looking pretty ragged, but the book finally worked like it was supposed to. It should come back for the usual rounds of edits, but it's officially been laid to rest. Her editor may wonder about receiving a manuscript with a stake driven through its center, damp with holy water and wrapped with braids of garlic . . . Sometimes, drastic measures are required.
Feb 13, 2008 [Mike]
Book News
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Reptyle

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 11:28:52 pm »
Sorry to hear she was in pain...On the other hand, the ones that put up the biggest fights are the ones you're most likely to remember...In this case a book...Glad she made the effort though, it was worth it IMO.
Hear me my chiefs. I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I shall fight no more forever.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
Another convert!