Author Topic: Terry Pratchett  (Read 40194 times)

jenglows

Terry Pratchett
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:38:20 pm »
Have not even come close to reading all the Discworld books but I love the nightwatch ;)

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
Re: Terry Pratchett
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:32:44 pm »
Ultimate Diskworld fanart: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5016723/  (should check out the rest of that guy's gallery too, he does fantastic stuff, and he's funny to boot)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Jerseybean

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:10:47 am »
Although I enjoy all the disc world books I have to admit to being a Rincewind fan.  Nothing beats his anti-hero answer to all problems = RUN AWAY!

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:19:48 pm »
Angua, Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Nobby, Vetinari (I still think he might be part vampire), Angua, Vimes, Carrot, Death, Death of rats, Susan, Angua, Binky, Quothe, did I mention Angua? the list of favorite characters goes on and on.... I particularly like the watch books. I have not gotten to read the Rincewind books yet, but I plan on it... so many books so little time.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 06:44:52 pm »
I think I've only missed out on two or three of his books. But let me say, I love The Luggage. There are a bunch of other characters that are great, but The Luggage beats them all.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 07:05:59 pm »
I can't wait to get my hands on a book that has the luggage in it... my friend I borrow the books from is obsessed with the luggage.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 07:11:48 pm »
I've read the first book, and really liked the luggage's appearance in it. ;)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »
I have it! The book in which luggage makes it's first appearance (or so I'm told)! But I won't let myself start until I finish my assigned reading. ick. I can't wait!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 06:47:16 pm »
Leave us not forget Tiffany Aching, & Maurice, the stupid kid, Peaches, & Dangerous Beans.
Couldn't get into the Bromilead trilogy, but really like the Jonny Maxwell trilogy.
In fact, just read "Johnny & the Bomb" recently, & noted with glee Foul Ol' Ron's female incarnation.
Oh, and Gaspode the wonder dog!  Gotta love that Thinking Brain Dog.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Collaroy

• Tinker
  • Le vent nous portera
    • Collaroy's myspace
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 05:16:29 am »
Oh boy. I love the Discworld so much that I can't possibly single out a favourite character. I pretty much love them all- the luggage, Cohen, Granny Weatherwax, Rincewind, everybody in the watch...

There are a few books that I found a little disappointing (such as Sourcery, Moving Pictures, Last Continent) but only because most of them are so incredibly brilliant. My favs are Light Fantastic, Equal Rites, Guards! Guards!, Interesting Times and Fifth Element.

Has anybody here read the Tiffany Aching books with the Nac Mac Feegles? I thought they were excellent as well.
* If there's no dancing at the revolution, I'm not coming. *

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:17:46 am »
With Thunder at her right hand & lightning at her left, she replied, "Yes, Collaroy, check a few responses before yours.  Crivens!"
O'course, depending on how you reach us, that may not be possible, but Peaches & Dangerous Beans have an answer.  But even Rob Anybody may take a little time to get it to you. ;D

Collaroy

• Tinker
  • Le vent nous portera
    • Collaroy's myspace
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:59:59 pm »
What- actually reading responses?? Now why would I do such a thing, why? ??? I'm doing my very best to ignore everybody else's posts.  ;)

I stand corrected.

I liked the Bromeliad trilogy, at least Truckers. Diggers & Wings got a little repetitive after a while.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 03:00:39 pm »
I started The Color Of Magic yesterday. I am Half way through.

I LOVE LUGGAGE!

and twoflower is an odd little fellow.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:32:06 pm »
Wait 'til you get to 'Interesting Times' & see some other Luggage. 
And I find I identify oddly with the odd little fellow. :D

Collaroy

• Tinker
  • Le vent nous portera
    • Collaroy's myspace
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 07:01:34 am »
Wait 'til you get to 'Interesting Times' & see some other Luggage. 
And I find I identify oddly with the odd little fellow. :D

That's a little disturbing... then again, fresh laundry whenever you want it... there are benefits. I agree that "Interesting Times" is outstanding Luggage-wise. Plus there's Cohen and his Silver Horde...