Author Topic: Who wrote what, when  (Read 24474 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Book Sleuths
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 07:59:39 pm »
Trying to think of more details. Gah. It's definitely not something recent. Maybe late 80's early 90's and I think the cover is similar to Song in Silence the first Kerner book which is why I'm getting them confused.
Hurog Means Dragon.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 10:08:50 pm »
It sounds very familiar! I'll take a look around and see if I can find it.

Do you recall if the girl ends up being a dragon too? Something about dragon souls living in human kids who are usually sickly and have some sort of physical mark. Hers was one green eye and one brown... I think.

Although I'm not sure if her family knows him, or maybe just an uncle.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »
Ding, ding, ding!  That would be "The Last DragonLord" by Joanne Bertin and the sequel, "Dragon and Phoenix", while I wait irritably for a third volume.

He's not her uncle; he's a friend of her uncle or great-uncle, a bard.  He used to tell them stories about the guy.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 10:13:17 pm »
Ok. Here is a link to the one I'm thinking about. It was published in 1999. I loved it!

http://www.amazon.ca/Last-Dragonlord-Joanne-Bertin/dp/0812545419/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237529451&sr=1-4

Hmm. These are actually due for a re-read!

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 10:20:17 pm »
Ding, ding, ding!  That would be "The Last DragonLord" by Joanne Bertin and the sequel, "Dragon and Phoenix", while I wait irritably for a third volume.

Fantastic fiction doesn't say anything but Amazon says it will be out Oct 2010 in the Product details.

http://www.amazon.ca/Dragonlord-3-Joanne-Bertin/dp/0812579240/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237529977&sr=1-2

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 10:42:54 pm »
Disappointing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 05:45:43 am »
I LOVE you guys!! Seriously, you are awesome. This is it! I can't thank you enough.

Hurog Means Dragon.

Midangel

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 05:54:45 am »
Funnily enough my Gran, not long ago, asked me to check when the third book will be out. :D

Apparently she is not a full time writer, and lots of things were going on in her personal life. She gave birth to a baby boy at 50 years of age. I think that's what I can re-call from her website. Hang, on I'll have a look.

Yup, here it is: http://www.weredragon.com/news.html

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:01 am »
Cute baby! I wondered what had happened!

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 06:55:39 am »

I knew it sounded familiar!!

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »
Wow, that update (and the baby) is 4 years old!! Is she even still under contract?
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 07:58:01 pm »
The woman - well shame on me.  I was about to say she needs to take lessons from Demeter on managing mothering & writing at the same time.  But everybody has different things going on in their lives.

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
Re: Who wrote what, when
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 05:47:22 am »
I have a problem, (big news, right.)

A few years back I've read a book that I can't remember the author - I got it from an acquaintance - I remember that the title was something like "Once" and the story was about a guy who had an accident and went back to the estate he had grown up to stay in the small lake cabin. there he meets an ethereal girl, who actually was one of the lake people - not selkies, more of nymphs - and another who actually was a black witch... there is a Succubus used in the story and the end is a bout him getting the estate and going to turn it in to a kind of hospital for children.

Has anyone else read it? if so, where can I find it? Thanks guys! ;D

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:35 am »
A friend sent me this site when I was trying to find the Kerner book. Quite a fabulous search engine:

http://www.allreaders.com/
Hurog Means Dragon.

Staplegun

• Mechanic
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:52 am »
@ white_unicorn:  that kinda sounds like one of piers anthony's Incarnations of immortality books...it's been a while since I've read them, but I think that's the series I'm thinking of.