Author Topic: Falcata Times and Patricia Briggs  (Read 7320 times)

drosdelnoch

• Grease Monkey
Falcata Times and Patricia Briggs
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:37:42 am »
Hey All,
Just wanted people to know that the interview with Patricia is now up at our base of operartions.  Its in our latest issue so please feel free to drop on by and have a look.  We've got a lot of other authors in there as well including lots of reviews.

Anyway to view the Ezine please go to
http://members.lycos.co.uk/falcatatimes

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Falcata Times and Patricia Briggs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 01:02:21 pm »
I enjoyed that interview, thanks for the link drosdelnoch. That's a great ezine. I have to say I'm super excited for the next issue interview with Philip Glennister. I can't wait. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:16:38 pm »
Thanks dros! :)

Was this a super-sized issue? Other issues I looked at were much smaller.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

drosdelnoch

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:42:23 pm »
LOL, no others are bigger, Im intending to extend for future issues.  Currently I'm looking into adding additional features so that its not just interviews and reviews, I want to make it a real bit of fun so Im always open to suggestions as to what people would like to see added.  As to Philip, Ive been a fan of his for a while and Im reviewing the Ashes to Ashes DVD's.  So far my only gripe is that there isnt a blooper reel.  Im a huge fan of those.

Likewise any authors others would like to see interviewed if you let me know I'll try my damndest to get them for a future edition. 

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:22:22 am »
Thanks drosdelnoch for the interview ;D
I would love if you could be able to interview Ilona Andrews, Ann Aguirre and Anne Bishop.
And Ashes to Ashes has been renewed for another season - the producers have talked about doing 3 seasons overall but they are opened for more and I love Philip- Gene Hunt is one of the best characters evah!!!!!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Demeter

• Grease Monkey
  • What universe is this?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:25:53 pm »
Dros - thanks! Very interesting and informative interview with PB :)  It was good to scan through the latest news too. (So sad to hear about Terry Pratchett!)  I did not read any of the other interviews really thoroughly, but bits and pieces that caught my eye.  Good stuff, and your ezine looks like it will be especially useful to aspiring writers.  :)
Sporadic Forum member, but ever loyal Briggas Fan!!!

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:51:44 pm »
Drosdelnoch:
Wow, that's a great looking publication.  Thank you for taking the time to interview Patty.  We just read through it together, and after your formatting and editing it looks awesome. I'll get a link up on the main hurog page next week when we get back from the Tri-Cities.  Thanks again!  ;D
Where's my super-suit?

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:10:01 am »
Finally got through all issues. Loved the Interview (any chance to see a Tanya Huff interview?).

However, some critic if it's allowed, if not just skip the following. :)

The book reviews got a lot better from first issue to last, but if you're not familiar with the books you talk about they can be a bit nondescript, up to the point that I didn't no much more about some books
than if you (or the respective reviewer) liked it or not but still had no clue what the book is about at all.

One other thing: The layout for the Warhammer Books doesn't work well, I found it extremly hard to read those parts (but maybe that's just me).
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

drosdelnoch

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 03:36:13 am »
Hi Gerd et al,
Yep critique is always welcome, the warhammer one is something that I sort of came to after rereading the latest issue and was going to drop it in the next issue so its good to see that others have thought the same as we have on that front.

As to the books I dont like going into the plot of books as I dont like ruining them for others.  Currently I havent read Pattys work (oh shock, the horror, the inhumanity, LOL) but I will be shortly when Orbit release them.  However what I will do for reviews now is mention the type of book it is ie for Pattys work it will be Urban Fantasy Werewolf etc in much the same way that films have contents listed on the back.  It should hopefully sort some of those problems and we'll also definitely mention that its book x of y series.   

In regard to future author interview will try and chase some of those authors mentioned.