Author Topic: Won't Mercy age?  (Read 6709 times)

Nifty

• Mechanic
Won't Mercy age?
« on: August 02, 2007, 05:41:11 am »
I know that the werewolves don't really age...or age very slowly.  Mention has been made that Bran looks like a man in his early 20s.  I always picture Adam and Sam as being in their mid-to-late-20s (although I know they're both much older, especially Sam, but they look like they're in their 20s).  Mercy is already in her early 30s and doesn't have the werewolf ability to heal or the resistence to disease or the ability to stave off aging.  If she becomes the mate of either one of them, won't she continue to age while they stay young (and immortal)?  Would that pose a problem for the couple...whatever the configuration of that couple (meaning, Mercy/Adam or Mercy/Sam)?  Or would becoming the mate of a werewolf somehow give her immunity (through some kind of metaphysical hoodoo, perhaps)?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:28:16 pm by Elle »
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Won't Mercy age?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:06:43 pm »
Becoming the mate of a werewolf does not give a human mate the ability to resist aging.  To compensate (a little) for this, though a werewolf can only have one mate at a time, many wolves (like Samuel) end up with a number of mates over the years.  And yes -- the apparent age difference poses a lot of problems for wolves trying to pass for humans.  Think little old lady whose grandson lives in and helps out . . .  Or rich old lady and her pretty gigolo <grin>. 

Now, that being said, I'm still playing with scenarios for Mercy and her mate.  Remember, although it feels like a tragedy for Mercy, we all get old.  Is that a tragedy?  I don't think so.  So if all Mercy has is the normal allotment of years for humans, it's not a terrible thing.  After all, a coyote who plays with vampires and things that go bump in the night isn't exactly working hard at longevity anyway.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:19:00 pm by Patty Briggs »