Author Topic: Question related to Adam's Divorce  (Read 9563 times)

Shiri

Question related to Adam's Divorce
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:47:55 am »
Hi Patty!

First off, I love your books.  In the last chat, you mentioned that one of the reasons that Christy wanted to divorce Adam was because of Mercy (although you said that Mercy never knew that part).  I was wondering if you could elaborate on that a bit.  Was Adam falling for Mercy while he was still married?  Or was Christy just taking offense when Adam was looking out for her as Bran asked? 

Thanks so much!

-Shiri
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:35:23 pm by Elle »

jenglows

Re: Question related to Adam's Divorce
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:19:38 pm »
I have been thinking about these questions also :) I wonder if Crazy-Christy had a few reasons to become so angry? hmmmm :)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:38 pm »
In the recent chat- Patty hinted that Christy was pretty miffed at Adam and Mercy was one of the reasons why she divorced him.
I think he had feelings for her which Christy picked up on - but I doubt that he fully realised it at the time, and another thing to factor is that Adam's wolf wasnt mated to Christy and in fact disliked her.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Shiri

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:14:47 pm »
Adam wasn't mated to Christy?  But he still married her?  Did Patty ever mention why?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 01:15:54 pm »
Patty has stated that most of the time the man makes a selection, and after a while the wolf agrees, or doesn't. That was one of the troubles with Sam and Mercy's relationship, Sam perpusfully had his wolf agree to it before he himself became emotionally attached.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:26:22 pm »
Ooo  cool topic <grin>

Has has it right (as usual).  I'm pretty sure (and until I write it in a book, that's as sure as I get) that Adam thought he was watching out for Mercy because Bran asked him to.  He didn't notice he had stronger feelings for her until Christy pointed it out to him.  Adam is a gentleman -- if he had noticed, he would have distanced himself from her.

Patty