Author Topic: P.C. and Kristin Cast  (Read 19348 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
P.C. and Kristin Cast
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:22:32 pm »
this is for the "House of Night" series by P.C. Cast and her daughter Kristin.   very good series.  vampyres and such.  just thought they should be in here too :)

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: P.C. and Kristin Cast
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:55:28 pm »
I agree - good stuff. They've actually managed to find an interesting and novel take on vampires.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 02:48:57 am »
I read the first 2 books and I really enjoyed it- I want to read Chosen and see what happens next but I cant seem to get it at amazon UK at the moment- only sellers are offering it and one is selling for about
 40 quid  :o.

But I have heard they are number 2 in the NYT which is great. Another book I would definitely recommend is Richelle Mead's vampire YA series- first book is called Vampire Academy- I should start a thread on her actually :)
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:11 am »
yeah Chosen is very good.  i managed to borrow it from a friend who found it at borders earlier

i'll check out that series too XD  thanks for the info :)

never too many series ya know?  ;D

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Thea

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 05:15:48 am »
my friend just loaned these to me and I LOVED them.
I have been reluctant to read PC Cast for some reason, but these were hilarious and cool and interesting.
A great change of pace

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 08:12:13 am »
I liked a few of PC Cast's other books but then stopped liking them. I was hesitant to buy this series because of that, but they're really good and not at all like PC's other books.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Gwendolynn

• Tinker
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 11:09:04 am »
I liked a few of PC Cast's other books but then stopped liking them. I was hesitant to buy this series because of that, but they're really good and not at all like PC's other books.
I'm glad you mentioned this.  I've read one of PC Cast's other books and I really didn't care for it.  I'll give this series a try.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 03:19:16 pm »
I'm glad you mentioned this.  I've read one of PC Cast's other books and I really didn't care for it.  I'll give this series a try.

Great! If you find the blurb intriguing, I think you'll like the books. I have these on my list to buy the moment they come out. I started skipping over PC's books a while back. It's interesting ... I wonder if the reason I like these so much is because that her daughter, Kristen, is a co-author, or the topic is so very different than her "goddess" series? I'm wondering what Kristen would sound like without PC.

Thea

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 11:18:22 am »
I just bought book 3
Chosen  ;D

bebe1613

• Tool Wrangler
  • Music is my bandaid. It heals everything for me.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:46:17 pm »
I love this series.... It gives a different take on vampires... It integrates vampires into the society... I love her characters and I cant wait to see what happens next.  I finished Chosen in a day and a half (unfortunately worked interfered)... I'm totally counting down to UNTAMED>>> :P
Some boys may break your heart, but a real man picks up the pieces, willing to love you even more.

Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 06:48:18 pm »
I read Marked and enjoyed it very much, I haven't picked up the second one yet.

I tried to read, I think it was Brighid's Quest?, a year or two ago, and just couldn't get interested. Marked, I liked from the beginning.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 02:57:59 pm »
i read the 4th and its good too, i still haven't been able to get my hands on that vampire accadamey series though, but i have heard good things about it

courtesy of Has

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 03:03:15 pm »
Kiersten go and get the Vampire Academy books- I do enjoy this series but I think the VA books is miles better and the last book was truly a humdinger for me to read lol.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »
haha ok cool, i gotta get myself to a book store :)

courtesy of Has

IvyBRT

• Tinker
    • Book Reader Times
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 04:56:36 pm »

I have read all four books and I really liked them. I will buy #5 when it comes out in March. They are a really good read. ;D