Author Topic: Canine Fiction  (Read 28170 times)

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
Re: Canine Fiction
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 01:55:13 pm »
what about rita mae and sneaky pie brown's series?  mrs. murphy has a corgi companion named tee tucker... i actually prefer cats to dogs, even when reading... should i start a feline fiction section or just post in here?

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 05:54:20 pm »
Why not start a feline section? There is the "Cat Who" series; it's gone downhill but it's still popular.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 06:54:54 pm »
Yep, there are several series including cats in Mystery, plus all the other genres.  Go ahead & start a new thread for them.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Awahili

• Tool Wrangler
  • For every soul there is a spirit to guide it.
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 04:59:28 pm »
I personally love Jack London.  Call of the Wild and White Fang are just two of my favorites.  I think I've read Call of the Wild a hundred times.

*Edited due to author's inattentativeness.  Thanks Patti!*
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:34:25 pm by Awahili »
"Life is for the alive, my dear!"  - Sweeney Todd

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit and it goes by the name of London."  - Sweeney Todd

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 05:44:42 pm »
Do you mean "White Fang"?  I prefer it to 'call', myself.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 05:46:59 pm »
Me, too.  I loved White Fang
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Awahili

• Tool Wrangler
  • For every soul there is a spirit to guide it.
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 06:33:47 pm »
Oops...hehe...yeah that's what I meant.  I was getting that and Son of the Wolf All mixed up.  Thanks!
"Life is for the alive, my dear!"  - Sweeney Todd

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit and it goes by the name of London."  - Sweeney Todd

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 07:22:37 pm »
No problem.  I am the official walking library of the forum, you realize.
Oh, I just remembered a piece of canine fiction, I don't remember if I already mentioned it.  A mm pb by Doranna Durgin, and the title's escaped, dad blame it.  Is it "A Sudden Feral Darkness", or just "A Feral Darkness"?  Anyway, there's a tricolor corgi central to the story.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 05:03:42 am »
has anyone read the world of the lupi series by eileen wilks? I got it wishlisted but don't know if its anygood or not..imput appreciated, there are several installements and it'd be expensive to get em until i get a review from someone or something :)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 05:14:44 pm »
"Dog Days" John Levitt. 
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 10:00:32 pm »
With Lou?  and the ifrit?  When I first saw that cover, I thought of Thea's hubby.

Reptyle

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 11:13:12 pm »
Man, I love you guys!! <GroupFrigginHug>

This is one of the coolest threas I've ever come upon!

I've read some of the suggestions and not others...The Chesuli series I finished when I was younger, and I was sorry I bothered...That author was depressing for the sake of being depressing!!

For those of you who like Sci-Fi and canines...Please allow me to suggest K-9 Corps by Kenneth Von Gunden...There is only four books in the series, but I wish there had been a lot more...Easy reads and enjoyable characters...It's about a couple of guys and their team of dogs...Dogs who can talk I might add...Pretty fun! http://www.amazon.com/K-9-Corps-Kenneth-Von-Gunden/dp/0441091288/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202281510&sr=1-4

For more dog stuff, please do not forget the Island of Blue Dolphins and then there's also the Big Red series by Jim Kjelgaard...They're mostly considered young adult or teen stuff, but I still pick it up and reread it for some brain candy.
Hear me my chiefs. I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I shall fight no more forever.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 11:27:51 pm »
I vaguely recall the K-9 Corps books, did you see the talking dog in the Phule's Company books?  And Ralph Von Wau Wau at Callahan's Place?  Do you ever read the old A.P. Terhune books?

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:25 am »
I agree with you about the Cheysuli series Reptyle, I kept plugging along hoping that the characters would stop being so damned stupid, but each book got more depressing than the last. :P  I don't think I've even bothered to finish the series.
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 07:19:25 am »
I didn't.  It turned me off so badly that I didn't bother reading another series of hers, even though a friend recommended it.  You exactly hit the nail on the head, Grey; those characters were just such morons, it made me crazy. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...